C5 X7 hydractive mode *always* in "Poor Road"?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AlvinCitroenC5
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 II

Re: C5 X7 hydractive mode *always* in "Poor Road"?

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

Yes, I am getting such an error intermittently. But this fault comes and goes along with "tire low pressure" warning, which comes and goes intermittently (with new tires mounted and balanced and inflated to spec it cannot be really tires not having the right pressure). If I purchase a new indicator light / washer stalk assembly, how can I recalibrate the system? I plan to recondition this car, thus I also bought the Lexia scan tool, but have yet the time to play with it and hook it up to the car. I suppose having the Lexia tool allow me to recalibrate the suspension? Thank you for your suggestions.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) Regarding the suspension - there is a specific way of calibrating the system using reference heights and actual heights to get measurements that are used in a formula to enter into Lexia - but this is not as simple as just entering the measurements - you have to calculate it. If the heights are within the tolerances, your problem won't be there.

2) Again no point in changing the Comms unit without identifying if there is a problem with the unit - indicated by the ASR / ESP system warning lights on. Changing this for the sake of it will be a waste of time. Yes you can calibrate the steering wheel angle sensor with Lexia - but understand first what you are trying to do or you could make it worse.

3) What error are you getting intermittently? You didn't mention an error before? A tire pressure low will be an indication of incorrect tyre pressures, or the tyre has been significantly over inflated, requiring recalibration of the sensor, or the battery is depleted (very rare to be honest), necessitating a replacement and the system recalibrated. You can't complete this operation with a Lexia alone - you will need and 'Exciter' tool to work with the Lexia.

4) regarding the Steering Wheel Angle Sensor again - It won't need calibrating unless there is a warning or a fault code shown in the Lexia diagnostics. If it need recalibrating, the instructions are contained when undertaking the operation using the Lexia.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
AlvinCitroenC5
My Cars: 2005 Citroen C5 II

Post by AlvinCitroenC5 »

Marc,

1.). Understood.

2.) The unit rattles over bumps, and I can recreate the rattle when I slightly shake she steering wheel off center through a tiny left to right movement. The sound / rattle is very annoying. I will remove the plastic column cover and pull the steering off the column.

3.) When I drive the car home after purchasing it, the left rear tire pressure warning intermittently comes in and our. I then checked the tire pressure at a gas station, which was in spec. Then as I continue on home on the highway the warning comes on, causing the red service light to come on, then off after a minute of driving. As this intermittency continue on, the ASR / ESP error warning occurred. However, the ASR/ESP light goes away after the car is parked for a few hours and driven for a little on local roads. But, once I get on the highway, this whole ordeal happens again. Earlier this week, I took my car to have new tires, brake pads and discs installed front and back, and now the low pressure warning comes up again, but does not say which tire.

I have replaced the battery, as the garage did a load test and showed me the results. I will research on the Exciter tool as I have no experience with this tool.

4.) Understood. Does the comm unit / steering angle sensor wear and rattle? Anyone here have the same issue?

Marc, thank you and much appreciate your time, effort and expertise in replying my posts.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The exciter tool is used by garages to activate the sensors and is used in conjunction with the Lexia. The lexia pairs new sensor(s) to the cars Inflation Detection ECU and works with the Exciter to activate the sensor. It will likely be more cost effective to get these done at a garage that has the facilities to do this.

OK, so if I understand you correctly there is a rattling sound from the steering wheel control unit? It is possible that there could be an airbag wire loose and shaking about, or the ribbon cassette that houses the cable for the remote steering wheel controls and the wheel angle sensor may be loose. If you are getting the intermittent ABS / ASP warning and it's not an ABS sensor, then it may be worth investigating. Be very careful to ensure you disconnect the battery first and leave it for a good 15 minutes before doing any work involving the ABS components and wiring to avoid an accidental triggering.

Which other light comes on with the SERVICE light? The first thing is to get your Lexia on, read the fault logs first to see what is there, or take a printout, then clear the faults down and then run a global test and see what is recorded. If nothing significant, take it for another trip to see if any of the issues come back / warning lights, then do another check of the faults to see what is there.

I would do this first, before you do anything else, as it may help in diagnosing the cause and not the symptoms.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc