'Waking up' a 2.0 HDi Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 'Waking up' a 2.0 HDi Xantia

Post by CitroJim »

ekjdm14 wrote: EDIT-: oh look, my post count appears to think it's an '80s Peugeot...
Sweet :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

I met a couple of guys in a small town in New Mexico who'd arrived late the previous evening in a '56 Chevy sedan delivery (that's a car based van/windowless estate) the owner/driver had found in a field, sans, engine, trans, any body forward of the A-pillars, glass, interior, wheels or much in the way of electrics or trim. Having got it going they'd driven it from Nebraska - & it still didn't have an interior (except seats), doorglass, wipers or a full compliment of lighting!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
('96 ZX 1.9TD SX, ??k roller due to collect at weekend)

Post by ekjdm14 »

That sounds very much in the spirit of Roadkill... The last episode I watched involved a big-block being dropped in an otherwise stock (and shagged) '69 Impala custom but without an alternator due to space constraints. The lighting on that was provided by 2, admittedly pretty decent, torches duct-taped to the front bumper.

The episode previous to that involved a 9hr road trip in a just purchased, very badly chopped/channelled & slightly less badly airbagged, Datsun pickup (with obviously no glass due to the altered size/shape of the apertures) to collect a tatty '71 roadrunner and then drive both 9hrs home.

This is the kind of thing that, while most "sane" folk wouldn't dream of even trying to shift a car round the corner with no tax, makes me want to move out there and start acquiring unreliable, unsafe sheds and having fun... lol
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, ??k
Stewart(oily)
My Cars: Citroens since 1990, BX Diesel, GTI, TZD with 1.9 TD running extra boost before it was fashionable!, ZX Volcane TD, S2 Xantia break 1.9TD, Xantia HDI 110, currently zipping about in a C2 Diesel. C2 died from the dreaded worm, C3 Picasso HDI Exclusive, the adventure continues.

Post by Stewart(oily) »

My own Xantia HDI had stood for a year or so before I bought it, I ended up having to supply a battery before it would start, whereupon it started and sat up on its suspension like a goodun, the only problem I have experienced due to the long rest was the front brake pads being stuck in the calipers and one of the electrovalves playing up, oh and the (reconditioned) heater matrix leaking, I would advise removing the front pads and giving the edges a dose of copaslip before too long (110 HDIs use Bosch pads, they are expensive) I need not have replaced them if I had spotted it, you cannot feel stuck pads under braking! If any of the "advanced" diesel fuels are available HDIs seem to really like them.
BXs since 1993 built 1.9 TZD turbo, got a S2 Xantia estate, brilliant car! 2013, Xantia HDI LX 110 2000 new car with 122,000, l C2 HDI Rusty rocket, C3 Picasso HDI new to me.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Good point on the brake pads Stewart. I remember when I was rebuilding the gearbox on my first V6 the brakes got wet and the pads practically welded themselves to the (well worn) discs.

I needed a cold chisel and a big hammer to release them!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Absolutley nothing what so ever to worry on a hdi. They are just as good as a xud. My old hdi xantia is still about your area mrduke.. currently now on 303,000 miles plus..

Theres nothing to wake up.. just turn the key and enjoy!
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto