07 C5 Exclusive Hatch Service light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: 07 C5 Exclusive Hatch Service light

Post by Paul-R »

I'm currently in conversation with osx about the Lexia/Diagbox. I'm just trying to ascertain whether the interface is Rev C or not.
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:And you can't upgrade the memory sticks with anything other than Toshiba memory which can be expensive. I was asked to upgrade a Toshiba laptop recently it wouldn't accept the corsair memory I tried to install in it had to put back one of the original Toshiba sticks to get it to boot in the end.
I run a Toshiba Satellite C50 and, apart from making sure that the memory was 1.35v rather than 1.5v, had no problems with a memory upgrade.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I am running a Toshiba NB250 netbook, with 2GB RAM and Windows 7 Starter edition. Works well for me.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

That's my way of thinking too, tablet or netbook for Lexia only. An offline machine with only one purpose. Doesn't look a bad deal, if I were a little better off I'd buy that. To be honest the idea of getting diagbox/Lexia working appauls me, I'd rather buy a second hand working one.
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

GiveMeABreak wrote:Comes complete with the 30 pin for the pre 2001 cars
However there are many different variations on the wiring out there, so guarantee of it working with all ecus on a mk1 Xantia out of the box is... nil, IMO!
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

GiveMeABreak wrote: in cases where Diagbox may need to be reinstalled quickly.
:rofl2:

(Installing diagbox/lexia is anything but a quick process!)

Whole heartedly agree with all your recommendation/rationale though.
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

wurlycorner wrote:
That's why it's wise not to bung the laptop up with crud! I must have done about 20 installs now for various people and rarely have they been smooth, given the various states of each individual's system! :-D

If you're conerned about the 30 pin connector, give Easydiags a call, as most of the recent kits here have been bought from there including mine, but I don't have an older vehicle to check it out on!

Back to my Dash Cam install on the X7 now!! Dual cameras, so that's going to be fun! :shock:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I'll pursue a brand new one to use with my own dedicated laptop I think.
then I can upgrade the laptop as and how I please.
don't mind doing installs can't be much slower than windows Vista/seven ultimate/8/10.
although 16 gig of ram does speed things up a bit.

so do I just give easy diagnostics a call and ask them to sort me out a package?

by the way the dam service light has returned so I gave it a 40 mile run last night in fourth at 75 to 80mph
engine was screaming at 80 mph nearly 4,000 rpm when overtaking others.
Think you may be right Marc the dpf may be becoming clogged up it only takes a short stint in town or traffic
to turn the service light back on again. fortunately Simon at Pleiades seemed fairly at peace with removing the dpf if needed
as it is attached to the front of the cat on the C5 and not buried behind some panel at the back of the car.
perhaps topping up the Eolys fluid has been over looked to at least a lexia can find this out.

I'd be interested to know if I could replace and reprogram the tyre pressure sensors with a lexia to?

Has anyone seen the you tube videos on cleaning out your own dpf with traffic film fluid?

Simon did say that some Eolys tanks are transparent so you can see the level unfortunately I have a black tank. 8-[

The very best of luck with your dash cam mate.

Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

GiveMeABreak wrote:
wurlycorner wrote:
That's why it's wise not to bung the laptop up with crud! I must have done about 20 installs now for various people and rarely have they been smooth, given the various states of each individual's system! :-D
:
I think with the knowledge of building computers and doing daily maintenance if necessary loading up the program myself might be my favoured choice.
I don't really see the point of buying another computer loaded up or not if I don't need it. thanks all the same. :)

Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

The main thing that puts me off is its not off the shelf or even intended for the public. It has to be found and worked out and I just don't have the patience. If it's within your skills though probably quite satisfying and will save a few £££s.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote:I'll pursue a brand new one to use with my own dedicated laptop I think.
then I can upgrade the laptop as and how I please.
don't mind doing installs can't be much slower than windows Vista/seven ultimate/8/10.
although 16 gig of ram does speed things up a bit.

Remember Nigel - Diagbox needs a 32 Bit Operating System (although you can install a 32 Bit OS on a 64 bit capable laptop), so all that extra Ram is not going to make any difference on a 32 bit OS as the maximum it can address is 4Gb (with some of this reserved for internal graphics and system BIOS etc., so in reality only about 3.3 - 3.5Gb can be used by the system for applications. Any more will be ignored.

so do I just give easy diagnostics a call and ask them to sort me out a package?
Yes

by the way the dam service light has returned so I gave it a 40 mile run last night in fourth at 75 to 80mph
engine was screaming at 80 mph nearly 4,000 rpm when overtaking others.
Think you may be right Marc the dpf may be becoming clogged up it only takes a short stint in town or traffic
to turn the service light back on again. fortunately Simon at Pleiades seemed fairly at peace with removing the dpf if needed
as it is attached to the front of the cat on the C5 and not buried behind some panel at the back of the car.

If using a DPF cleaner, you won't need to take it off - the tube with the chemicals goes into a recess and is sprayed into the honeycomb, then left for a bit and then some more and then a regen if I recall or similar sequence - so unless the thing is incredibly full, you should be able to clean it on the vehicle on a ramp.

perhaps topping up the Eolys fluid has been over looked to at least a lexia can find this out.

Normally when the additive level is low - you will get the service light on with a specific warning message about the additive. (it's in the manual)

I'd be interested to know if I could replace and reprogram the tyre pressure sensors with a lexia to?

No - you will need an Exciter or other tool to work in conjunction with Lexia to reprogramme the sensors and they all have to be done together and not in isolation.

Has anyone seen the you tube videos on cleaning out your own dpf with traffic film fluid?

Simon did say that some Eolys tanks are transparent so you can see the level unfortunately I have a black tank. 8-[

The very best of luck with your dash cam mate.

Ta muchly - I've just come back in from competing the job and thought I'd do a write up with some pics in case anyone else is feeling brave! :-D

Nigel.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
falling-out-with-my-car

Thanks Marc, :)

I already have Windows 7 ultimate in both 32 & 64 bit on disc with a corporate license key,, I prefer 32 bit for overall stability :roll:
I run it on my main home pc Under the stairs in 64 bit mainly because of the memory issue it has 16 gig of ram.

In my living room a TVPC (because I hate the 50" LG plasma tv menu) running windows 7 media centre and recording programmes and daily news for me is a 32 bit windows 7 ultimate acer dual core pc.
I have another 32 bit computer buried in the bedroom wall running windows 7 ultimate again with another tv tuner card for the bedroom telly.

these 32 bit tvpc's are very stable computers without bloat ware. The laptop I was talking about is a Novatech intel atom dual core 2600MHz embedded processor Laptop with 3 gig of ram and it runs very well with the 32 bit version of windows 7 , it was originally intended for windows xp 32 bit but I Bought it naked and installed windows 7 32 bit myself saving a little over £100.00

The quote I got for a new dpf of £160 is reasonably attractive if it gives you 70K or more peace and quiet and considering the amount of labour charges it may take to clean out the old one putting in a new one might be the better option.

As for the C5 manual I'm still getting my head around it :roll:
it seems a little more complicated than the xantia was.

I seriously doubt I will ever get my head around cruise control. 8-[
I have only just mastered the radio controls on the steering arm.

a little confused about the TEL button can't find a sim slot anywhere. :evil:

failing that Ive got to find a decent in car bloothtooth system for my phone most seem to be
cheap and nasty on flea-bay and never quite do a decent job. 8-[

glad you got the cameras done, I have to remove my old one from the xantia yet and my Father wants me to remove his from his Mk1
and install it in his new Dacia Sandero for him.
the hardest part will be removing the satellite position link from the windscreens they seem to adhere to the screen very well.

Nigel
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Nigel, you really DO need to update your car details in your sig. It saves having wade back pages to see what year your car is and the like.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
falling-out-with-my-car

Done. and the dam service light is still coming on but not for so long now maybe five seconds then off again.

The lexia is beckoning day by day. :roll:
falling-out-with-my-car

Dam I can't sorn my Xantia I never received a Red registration document for it, so now I have to apply for a reg document
firstly to sorn it and then scrap it what a per lava..
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

When is the service light coming on? When I start my C5 it is on for a few seconds (while the car does her self diagnostics) and then goes out.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!