Anyone run a 307sw Hdi?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pauldoubleyou
My Cars: PP2000 & Lexia Available

Peugeot '99 306GTI6, '03 307HDI90
Citroen '08 C4GP, '97 Xantia

Re: Anyone run a 307sw Hdi?

Post by pauldoubleyou »

I have the hatch version and its a HDi90. The engines seem bullet proof however the body not so.

I have had to replace both front balljoints and wheel bearings, which are bolted in oddly. Instead of the balljoint being part of the bottom arm, they are bolted into the hub with a 41mm socket. Its actually easier to have a spare pair of hubs for replacement.

Ive had the rear exhaust hangers rust away and i welded two new ones on.

Engine mounts are a bit pants, particularly the rear stabiliser. As a driveshaft also goes through this, when its loose it can cause vibration and is a swine to change out.

Aside from that the build quality is pretty good as is the overall car. The press didnt like them but im sure they won car of the year in about 2003. I really like it, and ive had about 40 cars over the year and about 6 or 7 french. Buy it, theyre cheap and reliable and the engines are great. I average 43MPG around town and a bit more on a run, in 1-2 degrees temperature at the moment.

Another plus is that if your cambelt goes they are non interference, so all you need to replace is the rockers and a new belt, and youre away..
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Thanks for that. I am familiar with the qualities of the engine as I have two 406's, it was only the use of the same engine that attracted me to it. My cars are fine at the moment I was just looking to it as a possible future replacement.

Peter
mikehn

Post by mikehn »

Running a 2003 307 estate 1.4HDI 240k miles done, bloody thing refuses to die. Starts every time 50+mpg. I change the oil and filter myself every 7-8 thousand miles and still is peppy enough for a 1.4. We also have a skoda yeti 2.0diesel but I prefer driving my Pug.