Citroen Synergie 1.9td.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

demag
Donor 2016

Re: Citroen Synergie 1.9td.

Post by demag »

I got it back tonight. You were right Jim it's like driving a different car. It was rush hour so never got a really good feel for it. But so much better. £315 all in so can't really grumble. The clutch kit was £128 so for what they did they didn't charge too much labour.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Zelandeth wrote:What time you need to be there, Jim?
About 8 Zel but it's all sorted now, I've bought a parking ticket for the station car park...

It was as cheap as the bus! No incentive to use public transport in Milton Keynes at all :evil: :(

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

demag wrote:I got it back tonight. You were right Jim it's like driving a different car. It was rush hour so never got a really good feel for it. But so much better. £315 all in so can't really grumble. The clutch kit was £128 so for what they did they didn't charge too much labour.
Dave, that's excellent news :D

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

We came out for a run to a garden centre today, about 10 miles and the new clutch is a revelation. It is much nicer to drive and the transmission noise I mentioned at about 2000rpm has now disappeared. So it must have been the clutch. What I have noticed, and they mentioned it on the receipt is the gear change cables are worn and once or twice I haven't found 1st from a standstill and had to go back to neutral and try again. Much to the annoyance of BMW drivers sitting behind. They will never understand the joys of driving a classic. :-)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm delighted you are happy Dave :D

Can't wait to replace mine now.. I only realise how heavy Gabriel's has become is when I drive the Activa and my foot goes flat to the floor with seemingly no resistance :lol:

Didn’t realise you had a cable change... What gearbox is it then?

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

Oh well best laid plans and all that. We got within 3 miles of home and ended up with no gears.... On a very busy dual carriageway, we vacated the car because I genuinely thought we would be rear ended. The standard of driving was appalling and it is only a 40 limit. People were screaming up the road and then swerving out at the last minute. No wonder there are so many accidents, people literally do not look where they are driving. The lads came out who did the job. He couldn't apologize enough but I'm fairly philosophical and occasionally sh#t happens. My son came and picked us up and the garage will ring me later. Such is life. Ho hum.

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

Cable clutch Jim so BE3?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oh dear Dave :( A very worrying situation to be in...

I know what it's like from being a daily cyclist... I see it all and you're right. Driving standards generally are appalling... There's a lot of good drivers out there but some quite atrocious ones too... So much so that when you see an example of good driving it tends to stand out...

Hope the gears are soon fixed...

Yes, I’d have thought a BE3 'box but normally they're on a rod change - no reason why they could not be cable though... I must have a look at service.citroen at some point over the weekend and study it... I'm curious now...

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

Ah not sure now Jim. I see they list cables and linkages on eBay. I hope it's linkage they're only 35 quid! :-)

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

Car reportedly fixed, they are just delivering it now. They are still apologising. They are good lads really, we all make mistakes.

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

Err it never arrived. He was on the way with it and it was deteriorating fast so he took it back to the garage. It was too late to get spares so its laid up till Monday. I asked the question and yes it is a cable change.
Luckily number two son is a two car family so said I can borrow his over the weekend. Unfortunately it's an Insignia but beggars can't be choosers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

And so often Dave, when there's big disturbances in stuff that's been happily resident for years then what happened to you does often occur as a natural consequence...

Hope all good for Monday and have a great weekend ;)

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

It needed doing anyway Jim so once finished should last the life of the car.

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

Time for a quick update.... The car was in the garage all weekend as they only work Mon-Friday. I rang them at 10am to see what the plan was and spoke to the boss who was working on the car. He couldn't get new cables apart from Citroen and that would be a few days for delivery, so he decided to battle on regardless and see what he could do. I thought originally one of the balljoints was shot but he kept mentioning a "bush" and to be honest I forgot to question him further about it. But I think he was probably talking about the bush on the end of the outer cable in the engine compartment. I think these are retained by a gearbox mounted bracket thus giving leverage to change gear. He said he'd fitted a modified bush and had done a few miles this morning and it seemed fine so he drove to my house, picked me up and we went back to the garage (2.5 miles) and I drove it home. The change felt very very positive with no slop, so it would appear to be a successful outcome. There are some cables on the bay for £110 and I think I'll buy them just in case :roll: He was still apologising today so I reassured him I'd been going there for years and wasn't about to stop now. Surely we are all allowed one slip up.

So there we are back on the road, new clutch and positive gearchange. What next? Haha.

demag
Donor 2016

Post by demag »

Ah yes, I borrowed my son's Insignia on Saturday morning and took it back on Saturday evening. :lol: I hated it with a passion, it was just too much effort to drive. The electronic handbrake was a pain, like a window switch on the centre consul. If you didn't have your foot on the brake putting it on or off it wouldn't work! And you can't start the engine unless you have your foot on the clutch. Then one time an anti theft warning appeared on the dashboard display and I realised I hadn't shut the tailgate properly so I pulled over. Stopped the engine, opened the driver's door and the engine started again! My son said it does that sometimes! 8-) He's welcome to it, what's wrong with a lever between the seats? Or in the Synergie's case by the door. :-D