your views please on Mk1 C5 2.0 Hdi automatics please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: your views please on Mk1 C5 2.0 Hdi automatics please?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I always keep about 5 x 5lt at home for the 2 cars - never yet had the washer jets frozen on me with it.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Once again Marc you come up trumps Ill check out the -1o stuff from Halfrauds, Thank you.

I have just had an email from my new insurance company to say thanks for the proof of NCB
it has been accepted and processed I like Axa insurance already ...Result.....

Now its going to take me 3 days to clean up the house from all the paperwork I dragged out trying to find the proof.... :rofl2:

it seems a nice email to the new company has done the trick. =D>

it seems ive busted one of my washer jets on the c5 it looked a little high on the bonnet so I pushed it down now its loose
more money to be spent. ](*,)
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

CitroJim wrote:
falling-out-with-my-car wrote:I'm more concerned about it defrosting my windscreen than the smell of it.
With my sense of smell I'm far more concerned about the latter ;)
GiveMeABreak wrote:That's the one Jim, there are two versions of the 5 litre halfrauds stuff - the concentrated purple stuff protects to -10. Smells ok too.
I've yet to give it the sniff test myself Marc; I'm just going on what my two most demanding and critical customers tell me :lol:

Never realised when I bought it that it protected down to so low...

I shall test it for smell this evening and report back...
Ahh Jim but you can have smelly stuff and nose plugs with a defrosted windscreen rather than a good sense of smell and a frozen windscreen. #-o :) :) :)
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Nose plugs? I'm intrigued!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
wurlycorner
My Cars: Two C5's...
Lots of CXs...
A couple of Xantia...
A C2...
Lots of Prelude's...
And a Sunny!

Post by wurlycorner »

GiveMeABreak wrote:That's the one Jim, there are two versions of the 5 litre halfrauds stuff - the concentrated purple stuff protects to -10. Smells ok too.
TBF, it smells so good, that i don't care if it cleans the windscreen or not!
--
Iain

1x '85 CX GTi Turbo s1 (metallic blue)
2x '85 CX GTi Turbo s2 t1 (metallic silver & grey)
'88 CX GTi Turbo s2 T2 (metallic light blue)
CX DTR T2 Safari (silver)
2x '96 Xantia Activa (Black & metallic green)
'01 C5 2.0 HDi LX Estate (Blue)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

wurlycorner wrote:
TBF, it smells so good, that i don't care if it cleans the windscreen or not!
:lol: :) Yes, I must admit, after a test sniff, I'm more than happy with it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
falling-out-with-my-car

I hope you emptied out the old before inserting the new?
falling-out-with-my-car

Hang on why don't I have four sun visors then?
falling-out-with-my-car

This was such a lovely thread I thought I'd revive it rather than start a new one
I found it on page five.

Can anyone please help me find a new engine undertray for my Mk2 C5 exclusive Hatchback 2007?
I have been looking on flea-bay but I am somewhat confused by the letters RC in some of the listings.
I gather this is the model variant but I'm not sure what Im looking for because my undertray let go at
70mph and virtually destroyed its self, #-o however I have managed to salvage enough pieces to stich it back together using zip ties 8-[
for the time being.

My reg Document for the 2007 model says Varient RCRHR and Version RCRHRH
so I am gathering that I am looking for a MK2_RC undertray??? Is this correct please?

and yes Jim the Halfrauds windscreen wash is great thanks. I use the dayglow green stuff
which claims to go down to -10 degrees C, it saves buying cans of screen defroster.

(pulling headlamps soon Jim).

Tried cruise control for the first time last week at night on the A14 That was fun.

Thanks in advance :wink:

Nigel.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Which part Nigel? There are generally 3 sections - a left and right section (Part 2) and a middle bit (Part 1)
C5 MKII Under Engine Protection
C5 MKII Under Engine Protection

Marc
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote: (pulling headlamps soon Jim).
Excellent and good to see you back Nigel, I've been wondering how you are getting on too, especially after riding in a late-model C5 the other day...

They do see rather good ;)
Jim

falling-out-with-my-car

GiveMeABreak wrote:Which part Nigel? There are generally 3 sections - a left and right section (Part 2) and a middle bit (Part 1)

C5 MK II Under Engine Protection.png

Thanks for the diagram Marc I guess I'll need the large centre section (top left).

And the drivers side o/s panel which is badly damaged and needed most of the zip tie stitching.

it may be beneficial to replace the whole thing with new clips/bolts to.

the car is due its first 3k oil change soon so I'll be asking Pleiades to fit the new panels

when they do the second oil change.

The front narrow strip attached to the bumper is still there it has three large clips along its outer edge.

which I managed to clip into, a solid aluminium rod 6mm diameter and 1 meter long (from wickes)

I then bent the ends to 45 degrees and zip tied them to what is left of the centre section, two ties on each end.
Had to pull the air filter to get access on the near side to the floor pan to get the ties in.

couldn't get a drill under the car so I used a gas soldering iron to burn holes in the panels to get the zip ties in.

This will stop the centre section dropping down again and hitting the road burring off its front edge even more.

I also zip tied the 6mm rod into the clips on the front piece so that it cannot come out of the clips.

drove at 70mph on A14 and checked underneath all seems fine for the time being until I can find a new bit/parts.

(Jim, glad you like them, you have a drive booked in mine when I drop the lamps off ) :wink:

Note to self: tell Pleiades that the oil capacity on the 138 16 valve is 5 litres.

cheers Nigel
Last edited by falling-out-with-my-car on 31 Jan 2017, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

New, these are £162 inc. VAT from Citroen Nigel. There are alternatives, but quality is variable - the ones I have looked up on the usual places have returned this as probably the best fitting compared to the parts diagram: Note the video in the product description, that conveys some sense of the quality of this particular one and a comparison with another cheaper one. This one weighs in at £52. You will need the fixings separately though as these are not supplied. Even if the fixing holes are slightly out, you should be able to adapt it slightly to fit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-C5-20 ... SweW5VPTdV

Marc
falling-out-with-my-car

Thanks Marc,

is the Citroen price for the whole set?
The ebay one seems to have the fixings with it and a nice pic of a dolly bird further down.
shame shes not leaning on a citroen though. #-o
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That price is for the Centre piece (part number 1) only Nigel. The side undershield parts and screws / clips are separate.

Marc