Citroen C5 2.0 hdi estate massive headache

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Re: Citroen C5 2.0 hdi estate massive headache

Post by jgra1 »

Peter, anytime I find gear selection easy with the engine off, and tricky when running, it suggests the clutch is dragging... hence the slight motion you see when your wife changes gear..
I think its a hydraulic clutch on these.. I would bleed that system, and then think about getting clutch changed .. where is the biting point? half way, at the top or very low

sorry reading in a rush, you mention bleeding and leaks and cylinders.. so fingers crossed for weds when the new cylinder arrives..

re lexia, what are you running it on? my oldish netbook thing and the lexia are a bit slow, after selecting the vehicle you have to be patient while some other window opens, usually only on the taskbar so its not always abvious..also, there are communication issues with mine unless I unplug the usb and plug it back in, at a certain point during the process.. once you know these it all works fine..

when people say ' a lexia session' it often is, a fair bit of time, patience, allow hours more then minutes to do it..
John
pgrant5
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 hdi estate 2005

Re: Citroen C5 2.0 hdi estate massive headache

Post by pgrant5 »

Hi John,

I was running the Lexia on quite a powerful laptop with windows 7, when I selected C5 it gave me 3 choices C5, C5 R, And C5 X7, when you hovered the pointer on any of these 3 choices, there was a picture of the relevant car, I initially chose the C5 R as it had round spot lights similar to my car, on selecting next menu showing Lexia and another program sorry can't remember the name, it displayed my VIN number and asked for my RPO number. When I entered my RPO number, and selected Lexia absolutely nothing happened, I the selected C5 still the same, the only time anything happened was when I selected the X7 which I know was wrong being 2008 on it immediately started running a scan albeit the ECU was not recognised. I have now returned the Lexia and obtained a full credit.

Kind Regards

Peter