Easy HDI Xantia Water pump change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Easy HDI Xantia Water pump change

Post by CitroJim »

Sounds about right john. If it corresponds when the crank is locked than it is... I seem to recall the receiving hole is a slot...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

Water pump off and inspected, I see the cam timing gear and water pump were as promised renewed 30, 000 miles ago. Gasket failure is partly due to the choice of a cheap silicone gue. I shall be using Hylomar.
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I never use any at all John, just make sure a new gasket is used and the mating faces are spotless... I just smear the gasket with a little grease on both sides. never had one leak, touch-wood...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

oh yes, grease should do it - better than silicon gue. But I can't resist hylomar, I've found it so dammned good, almost as good as grease! Anyway its non-hardening.
John Plum
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

CitroJim wrote:Sounds about right john. If it corresponds when the crank is locked than it is... I seem to recall the receiving hole is a slot...
I'd describe the cam pulley as having a slot, the receiving hole as a hole (unthreaded).

The same rough alignment persists of crank pulley woodruff key aligning with square casting on engine casing at about 10 o' clock.
John Plum
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

All's well now on the water pump front, following testing. Thanks for kind help folk - cant tell you how much its appreciated.
John Plum
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent news John :D
Jim