Forum promotional cards / stickers

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Forum promotional cards / stickers

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Nice one Alasdair - is that a mickey take though - 'KNOLLAGE' or should it be 'KNOWLEDGE'? :-D

Logos reordered and some alternative text at the bottom.....

Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 12 Sep 2016, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I prefer the "help advice debate". For Alasdairs recangular one also. For me better with less wording. I can't do there Photoshop designs for love not money or I would do something myself lol

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, here's 2 side by side with the original text I had so you can see the difference:

Image Image

On another matter - if we did have car stickers, we could provide them as a twin pack - a front circular and a rear rectangular one - or 2 of the same - depending on what people wanted, and one price for the twin pack - (Final price will have to depend on production costs of course) - but as long as there's some surplus to help pay for the Forum's costs.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

whoops :)

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

One for Jim here - on the matter of Logos - I didn't actually include the DS logo - which I've just noticed is tagged on the end of Alasdair's design. As we don't have a DS-specific section on the Forum as yet, (as we all know it's a Citroen basically)! and to keep things consistent, does 'The Management' :-D recommend a DS logo too or should we stick with the current three? It's no hassle at all to add one onto the design - what do you think?

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: As we don't have a DS-specific section on the Forum as yet, (as we all know it's a Citroen basically)! and to keep things consistent, does 'The Management' :-D recommend a DS logo too or should we stick with the current three?
The question has never arisen, but I think that we should acknowledge the existence of the DS range.

This reminds me... While people are being creative, we need a volunteer to update/redesign our home page http://frenchcarforum.co.uk The current version is neither pretty nor functional.

superloopy

Post by superloopy »

Any chance the 'tax disc' logo could have the text reversed ie the http://www.... at the bottom. Just see what it looks like. And ... will that text be visible in a tax disc holder or will it need to be shrunk/dropped slightly.

Sticky ... do you mean theres NO black stripes top and bottom. I personally like the dark background. Sets the text off. But i think less is more and on both the disc and rear stickers maybe just the www. address ....

And .. why not go for the full set and include smaller door window stickers. The existing ones on mine have long gone. Could do with some replacements [emoji6]

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Last edited by superloopy on 12 Sep 2016, 15:55, edited 2 times in total.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Another try.....plain and simple

superloopy

Post by superloopy »

[emoji43] ... my vote goes to t'other one.

superloopy

Re: RE: Re: Forum promotional cards / stickers

Post by superloopy »

GiveMeABreak wrote:One for Jim here - on the matter of Logos - I didn't actually include the DS logo - which I've just noticed is tagged on the end of Alasdair's design. As we don't have a DS-specific section on the Forum as yet, (as we all know it's a Citroen basically)! and to keep things consistent, does 'The Management' :-D recommend a DS logo too or should we stick with the current three? It's no hassle at all to add one onto the design - what do you think?
Less is more ... anything else becomes illegible.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

xantiamanic wrote:Any chance the 'tax disc' logo could have the text reversed ie the http://www.... at the bottom. Just see what it looks like. And ... will that text be visible in a tax disc holder or will it need to be shrunk/dropped slightly.
I'm picking my car up from the garage now - Air. Con back 8-) so I'll reverse the top and bottom text when I get back as an alternative. I'll start putting an ID on these so people can refer to them more easily :-D

superloopy

Post by superloopy »

Why are people talking about a separate DS logo? Surely it's just a citroen otherwise why cant we have Xantia, XM. et al. I'm for just the three as we have now with limited text.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

my group
Last edited by Stickyfinger on 12 Sep 2016, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I don't mind either way about the DS logo, but where do you stop? There's been and presumably still are other french car brands out there. Could include them all.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'd prefer the DS logo removed as it makes it all a little to 'busy' for my liking...

Happy to go along with the majority vote on that one though, just my personal preference.

I'm liking both designs and I think both have their place... The round one up front as a tax disc replacement and the rectangular one in the rear or side windows...