laguna blower

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gary2474
My Cars:

laguna blower

Post by gary2474 »

help , car was left parked for a few days on my return the heater blower isnt working on any setting , previously the heater gauge had shot up while i was stuck in traffic but the coolant levels are ok not sure if that would have affected the heater motor checked fuses under dash but doesnt appear to be one for the blower many thanks for any assistance
TazzyK

Post by TazzyK »

i had a similar prob, but mine only worked on number 4 in both directions. turned out 2 b the resistor. cost £70, and a bugger 2 fit, but did the job.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gary2474</i>

help , car was left parked for a few days on my return the heater blower isnt working on any setting , previously the heater gauge had shot up while i was stuck in traffic but the coolant levels are ok not sure if that would have affected the heater motor checked fuses under dash but doesnt appear to be one for the blower many thanks for any assistance
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
gary2474
My Cars:

Post by gary2474 »

is there any way to check if it is the resistor or do you just replace it & hope for the best ? cheers gary <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TazzyK</i>

i had a similar prob, but mine only worked on number 4 in both directions. turned out 2 b the resistor. cost £70, and a bugger 2 fit, but did the job.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gary2474</i>

ReverendDave
My Cars:

Post by ReverendDave »

Hello
I've got the same problem - only working on 4... where is the resistor? and can you check it with a meter once you have located it? I assumed that it was behind the switch but it seems not.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TazzyK</i>

grattsim

Post by grattsim »

I had the same problem, the resister is located under the glove box, depending on which model you have, I didn't find it hard to change, although it is meant to be harder if you have a/c. I also took out the fan and tried it independently first.
Chas_Smash
My Cars:

Post by Chas_Smash »

Both myself and my dad had similar problem. In both cases it turned out to be resitor pack located behind the glovebeox. Fiddly but not difficult to replace. It cost me £5 from a scrapper and about 15 mins of my time. Here is how to change if you are not sure:
To access it, you have to remove the glovebox (6 torx screws (3 in top front of box and 3 under the material in bottom front of box)). The resistor pack looks like a domed piece of plastic (located in centre rear of glovebox space) about 3 inch in diameter with two plugs going into it and two wires coming out (1 red & 1 black going to actual blower fan). Once you have removed the resistor pack (twist fit), if you follow the Red and Black wires, these will lead you to blower motor. These instructions are for lagunas without air con. Hope yofind this helpful.
TazzyK

Post by TazzyK »

I aint 2 familiar with 'checking' so I just replaced mine and hoped for the best (not always wise thing to do) but the resistor is a common fault on the Laguna's so I took the chance. It is probably best therefore that u get a new one rather than one from the scrappies (once u are sure that is the fault, although logically it seems to be the culprit in all cases).
Anyway, just thought I'd mention, mine was with A/C and was working on no4 only in both directions (i.e. blower and A/C).
It is no more different to fit than described by Chas_Smash above...and thinking back it wasn't all too hard apart from the blower whose screws are hard to access....mind you, the type of blower fitted depends on the year of your vehicle as well apparently so...hey have a go!!