On TV...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: On TV...

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you every get another TV, Jim, make sure it has a USB port (although that should not be a problem; as most modern TVs do). Then it may be possible to get the Freeview guide to record programs (I can do this on my TV).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 17:23 If you every get another TV, Jim, make sure it has a USB port (although that should not be a problem; as most modern TVs do). Then it may be possible to get the Freeview guide to record programs (I can do this on my TV).
I will investigate that James as I do have a TV (and a license!) but don't use Freeview as I have no aerial... All y TV comes via the 'net...

I am considering having a new aerial erected at some point in the future..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

My Blaupunkt TV has a DVD player built in, an Ethernet socket, two HDMI ports and a USB port (as well as a few others). With a 32GB USB2 stick plugged in I have around 16 hours of recording space available, and all I need to do to record a program is to find it in the TV guide (which, conveniently, is accessed via the TV GUIDE button on the remote control), highlight it and then press the red button. There is the ability to also record daily or weekly (but I do NOT know if this will 'follow' the program or merely the time).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 19:59 Captain Mainwaring's, "I was wondering who'd be the first to spot that.", apparently had its roots in a Scene from "Whisky Galore" and Captain Paul Waggett played by Basil Radford.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p093cs03

REgards Neil
and in a strange coincidence tonight's late film on BBC Four is...the Original "Whisky Galore", and no doubt on the
i-player for a good while henceforth!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, here is some lovely railway architecture;

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/tra ... d=msedgntp
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Midday on Quest +1 is Wheeler Dealers with the HY Van if you've not seen it before! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Not French but worth watching, I've seen a lot of damaged cars but never anything as bad as the Land Rover in this episode, looks as though it's been torn apart by some mediaeval beast. About 14 minutes in if you haven't time to watch the whole thing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... episode-4
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Only had a quick look at the 14-15 minute bit but that is one hell of a mess - Air bags? :(
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Drunk driver travelling over 100MPH, lost control and hit a tree. Even a Land Rover Discovery can only protect occupants so far.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
NewcastleFalcon

Richard C mentioned De Lorean in passing the other day an lo and behold....on comes an interesting but half an hour too long documentary about the De Lorean Story last night on BBC 2

Available for 29 days on the I-Player

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... the-future
John Z DeLorean’s extraordinary and doomed attempt to build the sports car of the future in 1980s Northern Ireland is the stuff of legend. A buccaneering American entrepreneur, DeLorean had film star looks, a famous fashion model as a wife and an enormous ego that drove him to rival the giants of the US car industry.

Millions of pounds of British tax-payers money later, an unprecedented social experiment where Catholics and Protestants worked side by side in relative harmony in West Belfast ends in a trail of corporate waste, greed, fraud and, incredibly, an FBI cocaine-trafficking sting.

Using rare and unseen footage filmed by Oscar winning directors DA Pennebaker and Chris Hegedus, and through colourful news archive documenting his life and career, this is the first in-depth psychological profile of DeLorean, a man who rose from the ghettos of Detroit to build his American dream in war-torn Belfast. A dream that quickly went up in smoke...

Duration 99 mins First shown 9pm 27 Jan 2021 Available for 29 days
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I plan to watch it this evening :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Classic Car Auctions sent me this today, looks like they are making a TV appearance. Probably a decent enough programme I saw an episode where they did up a post-office bike, and I think they did some acetylene lamps for a bit of period authenticity.
Classic Car Auctions
Classic Car Auctions
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Off topic perhaps but last evening I watched the first episode of the second series of Forensics on the BBC catch-up thing...

That one episode was worth every penny of the license fee :) Top work BEEB!
Jim

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

There is a Val McDermid book of the same name, received it as a present, expected it to be dry as dust but in contrast was very readable - not a novel but a history of forensics she has gained while researching for her novels and making friends with forensic scientists.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'd thoroughly enjoy reading that book Steve :D

Could you give some more details of it so that I might see if I can get a copy please?

Thanks!
Jim