'Fingerpost' Direction Signs...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: 'Fingerpost' Direction Signs...

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 14:26
Taken during my bike ride today 😃 This one was missing a 'finger' for ages but now has a nice new one...

This sign points to two significant destinations. My home town and my former place of gainful employ 😉

One I'm always keen to return to and the other I have no intention of returning to ever 🤣 I served a life sentence of 42 years there with no time off for good behaviour...
and here's the other side of the sign in a slightly grubbier condition... what are all those little concrete posts about :-D

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.1135237 ... 312!8i6656

Regards Neil

mickthemaverick
Donor 2019

Post by mickthemaverick »

CitroJim wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 14:26
Taken during my bike ride today 😃 This one was missing a 'finger' for ages but now has a nice new one...

This sign points to two significant destinations. My home town and my former place of gainful employ 😉

One I'm always keen to return to and the other I have no intention of returning to ever 🤣 I served a life sentence of 42 years there with no time off for good behaviour...
It points to a place of my former employ too, Wolverton, I ran my car finding business from there above the Thrifty vehicle rental franchise in Waterside Park, who used the unit workshop space and we used to jointly employ car valets and the odd driver. We used to have a great game ever evening getting 20 odd cars into a workshop which really only had room for 18. We were not above using the sunroof to exit the last car parked in each row!! :-D

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 15:48

what are all those little concrete posts about?

Utility access point indicators Neil... Gas mains I think...
mickthemaverick wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 16:12

It points to a place of my former employ too, Wolverton, I ran my car finding business from there above the Thrifty vehicle rental franchise in Waterside Park
Small world Mick 🙂 Know the location and rental business very well...

When were you in residence there?

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

This one's in Ravenstone... A rather fine one and in excellent condition :D
Spot the blue faced clock on the church tower...
Spot the blue faced clock on the church tower...
If you follow the road to North End and keep going you'll arrive at the site of the long-gone Ravenstone Junction where the Stratford-on-Avon line via Towcester met the Northampton to Bedford line...

A possible remnant of the latter can be seen in the Pictures of the Day thread ;)