Joe Lucas.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Joe Lucas.

Post by Peter.N. »

Lovely old Rover and you could get to everything under the bonnet and probably whip the gearbox out in about half an hour.

My Ford had 6 volt electrics, probably 4v by the time it got to the lamps, I had a friend that made and repaired car batteries and he made me an 8 volt battery, worked a treat you could actually see where you were going and it started better as well, only problem was the dynamo keeping up with it, mine didn't have a regulator just a third sliding brush, I took that out and connected the field directly to the output - worked a treat.

Our nearly new A40 van at the shop had trafficators, I broke a couple trying to get out of the drivers door in a tight space and also cut my ear!

Peter
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

I had a '55 Morris Cowley (how could I resist, "If you can get it going, you can have it"?) my only car with trafficators - which not only always worked but it had little mirrors at the top of each A-pillar (inside) so you could see if they were out/up: delightful, never seen them on another car.

I don't know when 2 rear lights were written into the Construction & Use Regs but, I would've thought late '20's - pretty sure most immediate pre-war cars had 2.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I had a '56 but I think mine had flashers, it was the newer shape with the sculptured bonnet and a 1500 engine. My '39 Prefect had two tail lights and that design was carried over to the early '50s, I think the some of the early '30s cars only had one rear light, a friend on mine had an Austin 18 and I seem to remember either one light or two close together at either end of the number plate.

Peter