Should I use engine flush?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

Re: Should I use engine flush?

Post by boristhespie »

Chose not to have it. Seemed to be not much point from your posts. Got car back but they never changed the damn fuel filter or the pollen filter. I asked them to change the oil and all the filters but the girl obviously didn' t pick up what i was saying. I can change the pollen filter (in the passenger footwell????). Can I just drop in a new fuel filter, making sure to clean oit the housing or should I change whole housing?
C'est pas possible!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Should I use engine flush?

Post by myglaren »

Have you a photo of your fuel filter?
I think yours may be one where the whole thing is sealed and has to be changed as a unit - they always send one for me and I have to return it.
If it is a replaceable paper filter then the retaining ring can be quite difficult to shift.
I bought some oil filter pliers and they do the job quite well and are not expensive.

If it is the second type, I always remove the filter housing and give it a good clean. Probably unnecessary but doesn't hurt.
Eddie Nuff
New User
My Cars:

Post by Eddie Nuff »

I've always flushed out with diesel. Chuck a small cupful in as it warms up, drop the oil and then flush out until clear.
Every six months for the past eight years on my old Xantia - oil doesn't start to darken until five months in. :-D
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
My Cars: '07 Peugeot 207 1.4 "Sport" (Ha!)
'04 Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi with a 123BHP remap

Re: RE:

Post by BenC5HDi »

Eddie Nuff wrote:I've always flushed out with diesel. Chuck a small cupful in as it warms up, drop the oil and then flush out until clear.
Every six months for the past eight years on my old Xantia - oil doesn't start to darken until five months in. :-D
Same here. I became a fan of this after chucking a litre of diesel in the oil of a 4 litre HO Jeep Cherokee that was rattling it's tits off at the top end. Drove it around a few days like that, changed the oil and it was quiet as a mouse ever after

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk