Citroen gsa 1300

Dedicated to owners of Citroen GS and GSA models.

Moderator: RichardW

Stonehopper
My Cars: 1975 GS Pallas
1967 2cv AZAM
Previously;
1982 Acadiane
1990 BX TZD turbo
1982 2cv Charleston
1971 AK 250
1978 AK 400
1982 Ami 8 break
1971 Ami 8 break
1979 CX Familiale
1960 2cv AZL (Belgian built)

Re: Citroen gsa 1300

Post by Stonehopper »

Der Franzose are showing the clutch lever as out of stock, but Chevronics seem to have them:
http://www.chevronics.co.uk/product/clutch-lever-gsa/

Make sure to depressurise the hydraulic system before removing high pressure connections. Simple task of cracking the bleed valve half a turn on the main accumulator.
- and rather than drive it like you stole it, drive it like you own it - and it's precious!
Derek
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I don't recall any great difficulties. Done outside the house, suspension on high and no help other than Mr Haynes.
Lifted the engine out alone, dropped it onto a skate board and wheeled it out of the way - same technique I used on the Hillman Imps to get the engines out.
Rusty bolts were the worst bits, and reconnecting the exhaust and heater pipes.
onlyfinewine

Post by onlyfinewine »

Raul wrote:Hi

So today I wanted to drive to work but after a few km-s I realised that clutch pedal feels different and the clutch is slipping. It happened overnight. How bad is clutch on them to change? Does it mean engine off??

Had a problem like this back in the day and took the engine out twice replacing the clutch assembly. I found the problem to be on the bulkhead area where the cable holder had split at the bottom and when the clutch pedal was pressed it did not transmit the full pull through the cable.
Took engine out twice on my own without using any hoists or jacks, it was very light for an engine. Wouldn't get away with it these days!!!