Difference? Xantia LX to VSX

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

with out the fuse or without all the sensors working the abs is off and you have totaly standard breaking. however my wife is from New York (not the city) and they get hit with alot of snow she noted that the VSX stoped better than most US cars in the snow and also noticed that it turned the abs off almost the seccond she set off (the light comes on when its off) then when she hit good roads the light went out... you may have a problem with your car if its not doing this (im glad that her VSX it working right i havent tryed the activa yet in the snow!)
Andy
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

ABS on mine (Xantia '98, mkII) activates at snow, and on other cars I tried also.
lhm_leak
My Cars:

Post by lhm_leak »

Forgot about the wipers and mirrors! Well, the only time the leccy mirrors on my SX ever impinged on my consciousness (other than looking at them...) was when some prat decided to drive down the middle of the road towards me over a hump back bridge and smashed the drivers side one to smithereens, casing and all. I didn't know about GSF at the time so got a replacement from the local dealer - the cost made my eyes water.
Stu.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alexx</i>

ABS on mine (Xantia '98, mkII) activates at snow, and on other cars I tried also.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
You must still be getting enough grip to get some braking effort from at least one front (or both rear) wheel(s) then. The road outside my house never gets gritted and has been a solid sheet of ice a few times. In those situations all four wheels lock up solid. Works fime the rest of the time which the guy who pulled out on me during the recent downpour can attest to since I didn't run into the side of him.
Early ABS systems usually had a switch to turn it off for loose surfaces. newer ones don't because they are sensitive enough to know when they are not wanted.
roadruner
My Cars:

Post by roadruner »

not much just faster and got more stuff on usally but saying that lx can have air con the same as vsx
thanks
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

Homer,
well, I didn't make very extensive test of ABS, but tried several times during last snow, one ore two times it was very slippy, but it activated every time
Didn't try what's the lowest speed to activate it (this electronic speedo is a bit weird - from 6-7 km/h it drops directly to 0). Haynes for ZX claims it's 5 km/h.