Davie's Activa Clutch

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

elma

Re: Davie's Activa Clutch

Post by elma »

2 ways Jim, 1 is keep quiet knowing the seller got an insurance refund. 2 is tell them and they'll probably let you keep it anyway.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks James :D

I was unaware of the insurance aspect...

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Post by daviemck2006 »

I would be tempted to keep it and see if the seller contacts you, but, my conscience would kick in and I would email him and tell him. Play with it first though to see it it gets the driveshaft out [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'm going to email the seller and say what has happened. I'm just far too honest and if I don't do the right thing it'll play on my mind and make me ill :(

First though, I'm going to give it a try after lunch... I shall try on the removed hub/shaft in the workshop as it's rather wet and rainy out today and that's put paid to any sensible work on the car :(

Lunch today is my last Arbroath Smokie... Gosh have I enjoyed them :D

RichardW
Forum Treasurer

Post by RichardW »

CitroJim wrote:I'm going to email the seller and say what has happened. I'm just far too honest and if I don't do the right thing it'll play on my mind and make me ill :(
The honourable thing to do, Jim. Worst is that you have to pay for the puller you wanted anyway; best is that you've got a free puller!

daviemck2006
Donor 2020

Re: RE: Re: Davie's Activa Clutch

Post by daviemck2006 »

CitroJim wrote:I'm going to email the seller and say what has happened. I'm just far too honest and if I don't do the right thing it'll play on my mind and make me ill :(

First though, I'm going to give it a try after lunch... I shall try on the removed hub/shaft in the workshop as it's rather wet and rainy out today and that's put paid to any sensible work on the car :(

Lunch today is my last Arbroath Smokie... Gosh have I enjoyed them :D
I would be the same Jim. Like I said it would be on my conscience if I did anything else. If you pay for it again, well you had paid anyway. It has been wet here for 3 days now, just got a dry enough spell (15 minutes lol) yesterday to do the oil change on the 107. Glad you enjoyed the smokies, can't beat a good haddock.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If I were to be in Sussex (and then could head up to MK not long after) I would go to Springs fishmongers and get you some salmon, Jim. Springs have a very good reputation (highly deserved), and apparently Delia Smith gets her fish products from them. I have never tried a proper Smokie, as I am not really a fish fan (I think a school fish meal with a bone put me off), but I should re-educate my palate at some time, finances permitting.

http://www.springssmokedsalmon.co.uk/
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 06 Apr 2016, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I have contacted the seller...

I will advise what happens as soon as I hear back from them...

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I've just tried the puller on the removed driveshaft/hub...

Guess what?

It's still stuck fast even with 10 tons behind it :evil:

It's staying put!

The tool is excellent and well worth waiting for. It's going to be useful many times over :D

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Have a word with the explorer Ranulph Fiennes. When he was in the army he got good with explosives, to the point where he could demolish things with a tiny amount. He might blow the drive shaft clear! :rofl2:

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Have a word with the explorer Ranulph Fiennes. When he was in the army he got good with explosives, to the point where he could demolish things with a tiny amount. He might blow the drive shaft clear! :rofl2:
I like your thinking James :wink: 8-)

I've just read his book called 'Cold'. Amazing book and an amazing man. Who else would cut his own frostbitten fingers off with a fretsaw?

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

When needs must, etc..

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:When needs must, etc..
True... There's a lot in that book you need a strong stomach when reading it... When he speaks of the temperature outside being a 'balmy' -28c you know he exists on a very different pane to us mere mortals..

Physiological tests showed he was unlike most of the human race when it came to tolerating cold...

lexi
Donor 2020

Post by lexi »

I believe pulling things is logarithmic. :lol:

IME when a few ton wont pull something out, you need about 20 ton to move it, then destruction. I once saw about 10 ton on an old BSA crank bearing and the beggar still wouldn't move. It was only a little 'un as well. Best laugh was when I tried to pull the discs on the old Trafic. Put a mahoosive puller on it and wound it up. Left it overnight hoping for a pop in the morning.
Mmm........read up later that night that they come off outside in, so to speak :shock: :rofl2:

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Small amounts of PE is a LOT of fun. An ex RE here, NOTHING is more fun in life as "Bang Stuff"