c3 1.4 hdi poor response at low revs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RustyUK
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 2.0 Hdi Saloon
Toyota Aygo (C1/107!)
Dodge Caliber SXT 1.8 (for sale...)

Re: c3 1.4 hdi poor response at low revs

Post by RustyUK »

Hurrah! I think the box you describe is the safety device I mentioned, it seems to keep the vacuum supplied to the brake servo even if there's a leak elsewhere. Strange the pipe was off completely, someone's been fiddling or maybe sabotaging! Hard to imagine a vacuum pipe like that just slipping off by itself, the vacuum would keep it sealed tight anyway, not pop it off. Anyway, you got yourself a real bargain there.
mlocky657
My Cars: Citroen c3 1.4 hdi exclusive 146000

Re: c3 1.4 hdi poor response at low revs

Post by mlocky657 »

RustyUK wrote:Hurrah! I think the box you describe is the safety device I mentioned, it seems to keep the vacuum supplied to the brake servo even if there's a leak elsewhere. Strange the pipe was off completely, someone's been fiddling or maybe sabotaging! Hard to imagine a vacuum pipe like that just slipping off by itself, the vacuum would keep it sealed tight anyway, not pop it off. Anyway, you got yourself a real bargain there.
Yes, I remember now the conversation about the safety device for the brake servo. As for the pipe being off i could not believe my luck when I see that and test drove the car after the re-connection of it, you can imagine my feelings of happiness, I could not believe it. It's now time to move on to the oil on top of the engine where the injectors are ( i think that's what they are?). Then oil change with cambelt kit change. And with only paying a mere £140 for the C3 1.4 HDI 2003 exclusive with 3 months MOT!! what a bargain. I'm just so pleased and thankful for the forums help most of all yours RustyUK (Dan) for coming out with ya tools and LEXIA to help solve this problem i cannot thank you enough. As i go along with the other smaller issues ill update as i go, but for now I'm just so glad it wasn't anything major. :-D :-D