Peugeot 306 keys

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 15:28
x 77

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:Hello,
I am going to buy an anti theft system and I am between Autolok 2000 and disclock. What is the best for you?
Thank you !
I personally prefer this one:

Image

***not*** this one:

Image

Note the difference, the top one has a black top.

Why ? :) Because I've had both. The top one the innards of the black plastic are quite solid metal and the lock is part of this. The bottom one is OK but IIRC its got a metal hinge under the plastic. Its OK but personally I feel the top one is more secure.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mixalis kal
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Mar 2016, 14:52
x 23

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by mixalis kal »

Thanks!! Has it a strong lock or it is easy to pick it?
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 15:28
x 77

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:Thanks!! Has it a strong lock or it is easy to pick it?
Quite secure. Not a good pic but...

http://images6.postadsuk.com/2015/07/31 ... ristol.JPG

Google for 'Stoplock Pro keys' (the type that is in that picture) to see.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mixalis kal
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Mar 2016, 14:52
x 23

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by mixalis kal »

It seems to be pretty secure !! Is it easy for daily use ? Do you use it everyday ?
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 15:28
x 77

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:It seems to be pretty secure !! Is it easy for daily use ? Do you use it everyday ?
I did on my 205TD yes. :)

Its very easy to use. The thing I liked about this one is you needed the key to lock it too, so there was no danger of having an accident and locking it when you did not have the key.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mixalis kal
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Mar 2016, 14:52
x 23

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by mixalis kal »

This is very important !!is it the unique anti theft device you use ?
Don't you have an alarm ?
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 15:28
x 77

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:This is very important !!is it the unique anti theft device you use ?
Don't you have an alarm ?
No, I did have other hidden things ;)

No, no alarm as around here no one would take any notice and it would be annoying in any case.

I do not have any car at the moment, for at least a couple of months I think I am going to be carless still hmm.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mixalis kal
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Mar 2016, 14:52
x 23

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by mixalis kal »

It has to be strange without car ...I was thinking for some other things but I am afraid of troubles with keypad ..
Also I would like to ask you if I will have trouble with my keypad if I change the remote locking unit to be able to disable the keypad remotely .will be synchronized ?
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 15:28
x 77

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:It has to be strange without car ...I was thinking for some other things but I am afraid of troubles with keypad ..
Also I would like to ask you if I will have trouble with my keypad if I change the remote locking unit to be able to disable the keypad remotely .will be synchronized ?
It should not cause any issues, when its synced with the remote lock it sends a signal to it at the moment you unlock the car (with the remote) but if you have keypad issues anyway then it may not always work.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mixalis kal
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Mar 2016, 14:52
x 23

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by mixalis kal »

After the trick you told me to do with the cables under the bonnet my keypad works absolutely perfect ..!!!do you think that if I change the remote locking unit (on the roof ) may I have any problem ?
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 15:28
x 77

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:After the trick you told me to do with the cables under the bonnet my keypad works absolutely perfect ..!!!do you think that if I change the remote locking unit (on the roof ) may I have any problem ?
No, unlikely. The main problems with keypads are (apart from keypad buttons wearing out) the actual 'connector' in the engine bay in most cases.

Remember you may need the 'matched' key transmitter to the receiver in the roof as its the early single button IR one you have.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mixalis kal
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Mar 2016, 14:52
x 23

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by mixalis kal »

This sound great !! It means that I have solve my keypad problem for ever :-D I will tell to my mechanical to find one remote locking unit with key for me to make my life easier !! :-D and one spare keypad !
Yesterday I was searching for the obd port and I didn't find anything . My car hasn't one ?
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 15:28
x 77

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:This sound great !! It means that I have solve my keypad problem for ever :-D I will tell to my mechanical to find one remote locking unit with key for me to make my life easier !! :-D and one spare keypad !
Yesterday I was searching for the obd port and I didn't find anything . My car hasn't one ?
You do have a 'diagnostics' port but it may not be OBD. Look under the fusebox cover under the dashboard area. I think it is on the left side of the car on a LHD one, I can't remember.

Failing that there is a plug under the bonnet (usually monopoint injection models only) a 2 or 3 pin plug for diag. Things like Airbag diag has a plug under the rear seat area.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
mixalis kal
Posts: 73
Joined: 05 Mar 2016, 14:52
x 23

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by mixalis kal »

Thank you!! What does the airbag diag port ?is it for the airbags service?
Totally are there 3 ports ? One under the bonnet, one inside the car and one for the airbag ?
User avatar
spider
Posts: 3949
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 15:28
x 77

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:Thank you!! What does the airbag diag port ?is it for the airbags service?
Totally are there 3 ports ? One under the bonnet, one inside the car and one for the airbag ?
I'm working from memory. :)

No you may not have three. If you have one in the 'fusebox' under the dashboard that will probably be the only one there is.

Early diesel models have the 'plug' under the back seat area as there was nowhere else to plug in Diag2000 back then from what I remember. The plug there is to read the fault codes for the SRS if it had a fault. You will *not* have this plug though in 99% of cases if you have a plug in the fusebox.

Summary: If you have one in the fusebox, that is the only one there and the one to use.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG