Peugeot 306 keys

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mixalis kal

Re: Peugeot 306 keys

Post by mixalis kal »

Thank you again!!
Tomorrow my engineer will try to plug another keypad to realize if the problem is there.. I will let you know!!
mixalis kal

Post by mixalis kal »

Today I pluged an other keypad and it reacted the same..before I disconnect i am thinking of buying a remote key and try to make it work automatically. Is it possible with this model? Because I read it at a forum and it isn't referred to my manual...
spider

Post by spider »

It is possible to set it to go to green when you unlock with the remote (remote only not the key in the door) and you have about 30 seconds to start the car, if you do not then it goes to red and you need the code as normal.

It was done so that the keypad was effective but not too much of a pain. Some model handbooks do not cover this "feature" but nearly all keypad models can do it (for example I don't *think* its shown in the 405 handbook but I know they can do it)

I'd have to find the instructions for you. I'll post back shorty as I cannot remember how its done. Its quite easy though.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
spider

Post by spider »

Do you have (as well as the numbers) an 'S' and 'C' button or a 'D/N' button ?
Andy.

spider

Post by spider »

Actually do this:

Unlock car with remote. Get in. Close door.
Switch ignition on. Enter code (green light on). Do *not* start car.
Leave ignition on.
Press 'C'
Press '1'
Press 'C'

It will go 'beep beep beep beep' (four bleeps)

Wait a few seconds.

Switch ignition off. Get out and lock car (with remote)

Next time you unlock the car (with the remote) it will go to green immediately. You have about 30 seconds (potentially up to a couple of minutes) to start the car now.

Do the same method above to set it back to 'manual'
Andy.

mixalis kal

Post by mixalis kal »

Thanks for the reply!! Yes I have the S and C keypad.. Today I learnt that all keypads are the same and have the same fuse. Is it possible to bypass my problem if I disable the immobilizer remotely?
spider

Post by spider »

I'm not sure how you'd disable it remotely.

The 'information' I posted just saves you having to enter the code every time. If you take time getting in the car you will still need it, its just to save time. :)

To stop it completely, with the engine running unplug the keypad (yes really) then do not plug it back in again. Do not forget the code as if you plug it back in again you will need the code as it will instantly go to 'red' in most cases.
Andy.

mixalis kal

Post by mixalis kal »

I mean if I despite of typing the password, connect it with a remote key (which I have to buy ) , the immobilizer will be accepted at once if I start the engine within 30 seconds or it will be lagging just like typing the password manually?
spider

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:I mean if I despite of typing the password, connect it with a remote key (which I have to buy ) , the immobilizer will be accepted at once if I start the engine within 30 seconds or it will be lagging just like typing the password manually?
Yes but only if:

1. It is the original type remote key or one that can 'control' the unit in the roof properly as it signals it
2. And if you set it to be 'auto' as I explained (30 seconds to start engine after unlocking door)
Andy.

mixalis kal

Post by mixalis kal »

That would be great!! Is it good idea to buy one remote key from eBay and program it alone as the manual says ?
spider

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:That would be great!! Is it good idea to buy one remote key from eBay and program it alone as the manual says ?
The 'single button' keys cannot be programmed. only the 'two button' ***

The 'receiver' is locked to the key the same as a 106 / 405 is. Normally when you order a key (if they were availalbe) you'd order the remote with the code from the roof unit so it worked.

*** Some later (radio NOT infrared) single keys are programmable via Planet but this is the PH3 (MK3 from 2000) only really as far as I know.

To change your system to the 'programmable' one I think you need to change both the receiver unit in the roof, the box under the back seat / drivers seat (location varies) as well as obtain the new key. Even then I'm not 100% sure the wiring is suitable.

A universal remote would maybe be an option here. The alternative is to find a scrap 306/106/405 with a working remote and take the roof receiver and the remote key (just the remote part) and they *should* in theory work on your 306. :)
Andy.

mixalis kal

Post by mixalis kal »

Then why on eBay are there one button remote controls and the seller says that the buyer can program it at his car??
spider

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:Then why on eBay are there one button remote controls and the seller says that the buyer can program it at his car??
I don't see how they could program them really, not easily. :)

It is at a guess the seller not realising this. This would be the same if they offered for example an early 106 remote 'single key' , only the later (radio not infra-red) ones can be programmed for these.

I would buy it then on the condition that it is refundable if it cannot be programmed to suit your car ;) :D
Andy.

mixalis kal

Post by mixalis kal »

I found this: http://www.programyourkeys.com/Peugeot_ ... tions.html

Is it possible not to working on me?
Although I wanted to ask you what does it mean the sticker on my rear glass which says Peugeot 306 with icd or CDI.i can't remember..
spider

Post by spider »

mixalis kal wrote:I found this: http://www.programyourkeys.com/Peugeot_ ... tions.html

Is it possible not to working on me?
Although I wanted to ask you what does it mean the sticker on my rear glass which says Peugeot 306 with icd or CDI.i can't remember..
That works for 2 button units. :) Notice it says "large" and "small"
Andy.