Lights

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Re: Lights

Post by ACTIVE8 »

myglaren wrote:I think the old Volvo/SAAB system was far better.
Agreed!

Lights on front and rear which did not blind others, brilliant :wink: idea!

Time passes..........

It wasn't broke but they tried to fix it, but more like f****d it up with the DRLs style idea beating other considerations that should have been infront of vainity!
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's true about indicators Davie... There's some shocking ones out there... Often on German cars too...

Whatever was wrong with straightforward, conventional lights. Although the C1's headlamps could be better the rear lights are an excellent example of how it should be done...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Have to admit to driving a couple of blocks last week without lights...

Saab just has the lights set to dip usually (they turn off with the ignition), as I spent so much time having it drilled into my head by First that you did that. Unfortunately someone else was driving it the other day and switched the lights off! All the dash lights and everything light up when the ignition is on. There's no dash indicator for sides or dip either.

This was in a very well lit area mind you, not in the dark. Realised my error as soon as I pulled up behind another car and saw there was no light there...felt a right idiot.
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Post by chinkostu »

the problem is dashboards that light up with the ignition on and not the lights. i see at least one a week thats fallen to this, or the DRL on but no lights. i usually flash them like a maniac which just makes them confused!
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

chinkostu wrote:the problem is dashboards that light up with the ignition on and not the lights. i see at least one a week thats fallen to this, or the DRL on but no lights. i usually flash them like a maniac which just makes them confused!
No excuse, some French cars have done this for ever...

Again, its people not concentrating on what they're doing!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...