Snapped crank!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Re: Snapped crank!

Post by KP »

It just smoothes the torque take up lower down but don't forget torque shocks are what kill dmf's slowly :(

IIRC the block is the same as the 138bhp engine models but the engines are far from cheap as tall or short blocks :(
Have you contacted citroen to see if they are willing to help a little? Even if its just to give a decent discount on an exchange block?

FYI A new block is £2500, there is no exchange item available but if your serious i can see what price without Citroen/PSA customer service i can get that down to
There are 5 crank bearing sizes a well from PSA which are roughly £9 each (*10 items)

Crank on its own is £1100 so IMO better to get the whole block as it is a short block already made up for you.
Also you can't get a bare block easily, but the original part that you have has also been superseded by a revised design, im guessing as its used in the 180 engines as well, it seems to be a common enough short block with only heads, injectors, turbos and bits and bobs changing as well as engine maps to get the various power outputs.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

FYI a full service exchange Tall block retails at £3600...
Depending on your model that could easily be more than 60% of the value of the vehicle....

There is another option, forest auto salvage down in nottingham have one or two in for breaking, front enders but the blocks could still be good for what you want and could be a lot cheaper... or good old motorhog...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Surprised me there KP when you posted Forest Auto Salvage in Nottingham, I thought for minute you meant my local breaker .
http://www.forestautosalvage.co.uk/index.php
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.