Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: Too wet for a proper bike ride so I had to turn it into a static bike and go for a ride to nowhere...
Thinking about it, this is something I could set up in the Pickled Egg and listen to the PE Juke Box at the same time and natter to the other regulars :)
Bang on trend with that idea Jim. So on trend it was a feature on Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 this very lunchtime. Its a Gym Craze I would suspect emerging from the USA but I could be wrong, with communal classes featuring static exercise bikes and dare I say it "bangin tunes", and workouts guided by instructors a la Mr/Ms Motivator who enjoy commanding and conducting the assembled throng.

Its known as Cycle Spinning, or as the ones on Jeremy Vine who have premises in Canary Wharf and Mortimer Street in London..call it Psycle Spinning. Cos its "a total workout for your body your mind and and your soul......".

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1QV7wDXgAALc4v.jpg:large

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 11 Jan 2017, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Spinning so very intense, other than the disco I think you'd love it Jim.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

elma wrote:Spinning so very intense, other than the disco I think you'd love it Jim.

:twisted:
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Jeremy Vine is a grade A 100% gold plated prick and his Radio Show is Grade A 100% crap.

The very reason I do not listen to Radio 2 any more.

there, I have said it :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
mickeymoon

Re: RE: Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by mickeymoon »

elma wrote:Spinning so very intense, other than the disco I think you'd love it Jim.
Spinning is brilliant. I go at least 3 times a week. The music can get on your nerves, but I do it at a local gym, with an instructor who's a mate, and usually the same group of 7 or 8, not one of these places that you see on YT that looks like some kind of camp hell.
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

Stickyfinger wrote:Jeremy Vine is a grade A 100% gold plated prick and his Radio Show is Grade A 100% crap.
He is a complete and utter cock. Can't abide the man.

I still listen to Ken Bruce and Bob Harris (being partial to a bit of country)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

My youngest daughter goes spinning and I never knew what it was, imagined them whirling like dervishes. Not what I imagined then.

Again, not what I had expected - I was thinking along the lines of a bunch of berserker like nutters whirling themselves into some kind of rapture.

Every day is a school day.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

I've had a go on a spin bike and I can assure you it is very intense...

It's not for me. I still prefer a good two-wheeled workout in the great outdoors... It's only heavy rain that keeps me indoors and causes me to break out the old Turbo Trainer...
Stickyfinger wrote:Jeremy Vine is a grade A 100% gold plated prick and his Radio Show is Grade A 100% crap.
I disagree... It's the very best comedy show on radio and available five days a week... I don't take Vine at all seriously and find him bloody hilarious...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

C'mon Alasdair, say what you mean :lol: :rofl2: .
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Do not get me started on Steve Wrong and that stupid bint Vanessa Feltz

Radio 2 really does show how "infected" with this type of person the BBC really are.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I can take or leave the Jeremy Vine show, but if Vanessa Feltz is standing in I leave it. While she is a nice person she cannot interview for toffee. If the answer is one SHE is not happy with she will badger her victim (even if the answer was relevant). She should listen to Michael Parkinson. His No. 1 rule is; It is not about you (the interviewer).

I cannot stand Steve Wright. Arrogant little s41t. I will either switch stations or put on a CD between 14:00 and 17:00 weekdays.

I really enjoy Ken Bruce (I do try to do the Pop Master quiz), and the interplay between him and Lynne Bowles is hilarious. I also enjoy Simon Mayo, and the "Confessions" is normally both uproarious and dangerous (you try driving when you are doubled up with laughter, tears streaming down your face).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Vanessa I can just about stand but I fully agree about Steve Wright... He should have been superannuated years ago...

I agree James, Ken is brill and so is Simon Mayo...

One I really cannot stand is Elaine Paige and her silly bloody laugh. It makes me cringe :twisted:

And I love Anneka Rice...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickeymoon

Post by mickeymoon »

CitroJim wrote:Vanessa I can just about stand but I fully agree about Steve Wright... He should have been superannuated years ago...

I agree James, Ken is brill and so is Simon Mayo...

One I really cannot stand is Elaine Paige and her silly bloody laugh. It makes me cringe :twisted:

And I love Anneka Rice...
Vanessa is good, but only in her usual early morning time slot as she's very inoffensive to the ears. If she's standing in on a daytime slot, I can't listen to her.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

I'd totally forgotten about that, thank you for reminding me.
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
My Cars: 2006 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi.
1988 Renault 25 Monaco 2.0i.
1985 Sinclair C5.
1984 Trabant 601S.
1975 Rover 3500.
1973 AC Model-70.

Post by Zelandeth »

Speaking of pictures...this one randomly popped up on my desktop wallpaper rotation today, which was one I'd totally forgotten about!

This was taken back around 1999 or 2000 in the depths of winter, this is dawn rather than a sunset - and was snapped while I was waiting for the school bus (Bedford Y Series Duple Dominant II, STA380R, run by Amber Travel in its last few years when I knew it, for the bus enthusiasts I know are out there...)

...Snapped would you believe it, with a little Halina 110 Flashmatic camera. ...Which I'm overjoyed to say has come back out of retirement in the last couple of weeks following me discovering that Lomography have restarted production of 110 film and also are offering developing services for the same...

Without doubt the most basic camera I've ever owned - cost me £2 from a charity shop - but is the one with which I've snapped some of the best shots I've ever managed to capture.
Current fleet:
06 Peugeot Partner Escapade 1.6HDi, 88 Renault 25 Monaco, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 75 Rover 3500, 73 AC Model 70.