Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12270
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1132

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The old la.to. has taken a bit of a battering over the years but I .ay have invented a new vocabulary. The only "m" 's and "p" 's in .y ostings will have been .ainstaikingly co.ied and .asted to aid understandability. :!: :-D . Yes the keyboard has succu.bed only currently in those two characters. I bla.e croissants! :!: :-D

A .icture does .aint a thousand words though....inadvertently watched an advert on youtube....those terrible ones for Santander where Jensen Button and Jessica Ennis Hill vie for who can be woodenest albeit working with an awful scri.t.

Anyway there they are riding Boris Bikes now branded as Santander, and subject of a vast invest.ent fro. that Co..any, and there's a green laser i.age of a bike .rojected ahead. Yes its the Blaze Lazerlight "rolling out now" on the Boris Bikes.


like this

https://451ivbzfx2s1ue1ct1p13gin-wpengi ... ome_01.jpg

Fro. a different Co. rear view
https://www.latestgadget.com.ph/image/c ... 0x1700.jpg


Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 10 Jan 2017, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 18100
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 997

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by myglaren »

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut id odio ex. Mauris libero est, commodo ut arcu quis, porttitor finibus velit. Donec mattis non arcu a commodo. Maecenas a facilisis arcu. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Ut gravida aliquet erat quis ullamcorper. Nam ultricies eros quis lectus feugiat consequat. Maecenas vestibulum tempor sem, non congue augue imperdiet a. Curabitur commodo ligula vel odio tempus congue. Vestibulum vestibulum massa ut felis vehicula, ut ultricies lectus vulputate. Donec vestibulum ultrices arcu, at ullamcorper est euismod in. Sed quis eros eget dolor condimentum accumsan.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

elma
Posts: 3745
Joined: 13 May 2007, 02:17
x 212

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by elma »

Now that took a few minutes to work out.

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12270
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1132

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

...quite an advance on things like this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... 0a6c14.jpg

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 10 Jan 2017, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 10624
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 1026

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

myglaren wrote:Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Ut id odio ex. Mauris libero est, commodo ut arcu quis, porttitor finibus velit. Donec mattis non arcu a commodo. Maecenas a facilisis arcu. Vestibulum ante ipsum primis in faucibus orci luctus et ultrices posuere cubilia Curae; Ut gravida aliquet erat quis ullamcorper. Nam ultricies eros quis lectus feugiat consequat. Maecenas vestibulum tempor sem, non congue augue imperdiet a. Curabitur commodo ligula vel odio tempus congue. Vestibulum vestibulum massa ut felis vehicula, ut ultricies lectus vulputate. Donec vestibulum ultrices arcu, at ullamcorper est euismod in. Sed quis eros eget dolor condimentum accumsan.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:?:

dnsey
Posts: 1543
Joined: 20 Oct 2004, 01:39
x 14

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by dnsey »

You can remap the faulty characters to other keys as a workaround. Takes a bit of getting used to though!

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12270
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1132

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

elma wrote:Now that took a few minutes to work out.
myglaren wrote:Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, etc etc
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Google translate certainly fails on that one :!: :)

Regards Neil

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12270
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1132

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

dnsey wrote:You can remap the faulty characters to other keys as a workaround. Takes a bit of getting used to though!
I'll have a go at that..I feel that if I dis.antle the la.to. and atte..t so.e cleaning exercise it will be even worse...even .rising the key.ad on the relevant letters, i sus.ect they will never return to their for.er state :!: :)

I'll .addle about a bit to see how to do the re.a. :) but if you know offf the to. of your head it ay be quicker!

Thanks Neil

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12270
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1132

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Yes. I thought they were "Ever-Ready"- .robably worked with those batteries with lethal .rongs for ter.inals...

.https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/56 ... dfa8e0.jpg

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 10 Jan 2017, 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
white exec
Moderating Team
Posts: 6216
Joined: 21 Dec 2015, 13:46
x 1042

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by white exec »

Once upon a time (probably 50s and 60s) I remember that torches just worked. You could leave them kicking around for months, years, and (apart from the occasional flat battery) the buggers always worked.

Then something happened. After a few months of ownership, when you pressed the button, nothing...zilch. Sometimes a clonk would bring on the light, but often not. They got worse, all of them. One of the worst was the big red EverReady doobry that had a 4-inch reflector, and took two 996 batteries - bloody useless. The rubbery ones (my mother warned me about these) came a close second.

Unless you took out a mortgage for a Maglite, or got hold of a Railway or Mining spec handlamp, all else was useless.

A shelf in our garage shelf is full of dodgy torches. What on earth happened?

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 18100
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 997

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by myglaren »

I've had a cheap rubber one for years that always works and has I believe the original batteries in.
Lost a button a couple of years ago and the other one a month ago when my son took it camping.

harryp
Donor 2016
Posts: 648
Joined: 07 May 2011, 16:03
x 28

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by harryp »

"Then something happened. After a few months of ownership, when you pressed the button, nothing...zilch."

Agree; and then we had Cree LED.
Wonderful bright light, utterly reliable still after 12 months and all off either 3 AA or 3 AAA depending on size. Guess a few steps back before a good step forwards. Seems we never "learn the lessons" (how I hate that phrase - seems to be the palliative for "we were lazy and stopped thinking").
What next I wonder?
I always think that car headlights (with the exception of Xenon) have become worse as time goes on. Wonder if this has anything to do with the overload of street lights which also encourage the brainless to drive on (very inadequate) side lights - or none at all? Marketing and design to blame?

Gibbo2286
Donor 2020
Posts: 4644
Joined: 08 Jun 2011, 18:04
x 805

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by Gibbo2286 »

white exec wrote:Once upon a time (probably 50s and 60s) I remember that torches just worked. You could leave them kicking around for months, years, and (apart from the occasional flat battery) the buggers always worked.

Then something happened. After a few months of ownership, when you pressed the button, nothing...zilch. Sometimes a clonk would bring on the light, but often not. They got worse, all of them. One of the worst was the big red EverReady doobry that had a 4-inch reflector, and took two 996 batteries - bloody useless. The rubbery ones (my mother warned me about these) came a close second.

Unless you took out a mortgage for a Maglite, or got hold of a Railway or Mining spec handlamp, all else was useless.

A shelf in our garage shelf is full of dodgy torches. What on earth happened?
Copper and brass became too expensive so they used copper plating or aluminium instead, corrosion came very quickly.
Last edited by myglaren on 25 Oct 2016, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed tags

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41937
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1184

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: Anyway there they are riding Boris Bikes now branded as Santander, and subject of a vast invest.ent fro. that Co..any, and there's a green laser i.age of a bike .rojected ahead. Yes its the Blaze Lazerlight "rolling out now" on the Boris Bikes.

like this

Image
Saw a Boris Bike near Moorgate this afternoon with one of these new lazerlights fitted...

Speaking with by bike hat (or helmet!) on I must confess I cannot see the point, especially now I've seen one for real...

They're not bright and I fail to see how they enhance safety... Can anyone elucidate?

There was a massive piece about it in the Metro* this morning. All the Boris Bikes are to be so fitted at huge cost and again in the interstates of safety but again, how it enhances safety was not told...

* The Metro is a free newspaper distributed around London and London commuter rail stations every morning - even MK buses have a pile of copies on them! Hence how I ended up reading one...

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 18100
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 997

Re: Picture(s) of the day......

Post by myglaren »

I believe Metro's are distributed nationwide - we even have them up here in the land that God forgot!
In English too :)