Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Picture(s) of the day....

Post by CitroJim »

I've seen an episode or two of the Repair Shop James. It's good 🙂
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Mine is more of a bodging shop.
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: 04 Dec 2020, 15:58 The sky over Paggers this afternoon 😎
250 miles further North is rained all last night and all today, probably turn the haugh land into the lake district by tomorrow morning even if it stops now.

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 05 Dec 2020, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A study of a nice village pub with a rather lovely bike in the foreground :-D
The Old Swan, Astwood, Bucks
The Old Swan, Astwood, Bucks
It was a rather lovely bike ride today too... Weather was amazing for early December :) Chilly but bright and sunny with light winds... Perfect for a nice winter get out and about in the open air :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Very nice too Jim.

Didn't get the anticipated flood today but the river was quite lively and swamped some of the trees on the bankside.
Needed a good clear out, natures way. This week before the rain, there have been of salmon in the water spent after spawning, lethargic and with patches of white fungus.
Swamped trees
Swamped trees
DSC04403.JPG
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

Our house and next door , tonight.. doesn’t really get the effect as the whole lot flashes and changes colour. Tree shaped things made out of old pallets.
Attachments
Mine
Mine
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Michel wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 22:37 Our house and next door , tonight.. doesn’t really get the effect as the whole lot flashes and changes colour. Tree shaped things made out of old pallets.
I love it when people take a lot of trouble to decorate their houses :D I know some say it's a bit tacky and council estate but not me, it brightens my day immensely and on my early morning runs recently I've been loving seeing more and more houses looking magical in their festive finery 8-)

Not that I could see much this morning as it's freezing cold, misty, murky, damp and visibility is almost zero in places :roll:

So here's a few from Paggers town centre a few mornings ago... They're not normally on early in the morning but these few were accidentally left on all night :)
Festive Paggers...
Festive Paggers...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 05 Dec 2020, 18:22 Needed a good clear out, natures way. This week before the rain, there have been of salmon in the water spent after spawning, lethargic and with patches of white fungus.
Nature knows best Neil... Winter is the time when she has a good old sort out and prepares us for the next season...

That's worrying about the salmon... I understand farmed salmon are not faring too well and there's some concern about them being full of flukes and other assorted nasties...

Although I can no longer eat them, I always enjoyed a nice baked salmon and they're an excellent source of complete protein and healthy oils, Omega-3 being one... I hope it does not threaten the existence of salmon and impact on what is a very important foodstuff for many...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 07:26 That's worrying about the salmon... I understand farmed salmon are not faring too well and there's some concern about them being full of flukes and other assorted nasties...

...I hope it does not threaten the existence of salmon and impact on what is a very important foodstuff for many...

With the Salmon Jim its all part of their natural life cycle. When they come up the rivers to spawn very few return to the sea, literally their bodies shut down and they die. Read an interesting bit about it here.
https://www.tweedfoundation.org.uk/FAQ_ ... Salmon.pdf

1.Salmon in large rivers such as the Tweed generally die after spawning, only 1 or 2% survivingto return and spawn again. In short West Coast rivers, where theSalmon enter later and can return quickly to the sea, survival can be much greater.

2.The re-entry into freshwater and the development of spawning maturity are stressful times for Salmon. The hormone changes linked to sexual maturation appearto cause a reduction in the efficiency of the immune system (the defence mechanisms of a living body against infection).

3.The spores of aquatic funguses are everywhere in freshwaters, but are prevented from infecting fish by the barrier made by the fish's skin, scales and mucus (glaur/slime). The mucus contains antibodies and hassome antisepticproperties.

4.If the skin surface is broken, the spores can take hold and develop into fungus. Common sites for fungal spores to do this are the fins and the top of the head. Fins can be scraped and broken by contact with the river bottom, when attempting to "run" the faces of caulds and in many other ways. The skin on the top of the head is not protected by scales and becomesweaker as an effect of the hormonal changes that take place in fully mature fish.

5.Sites where fungal spores can get hold can also be created by external parasites, such as lice...........
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks Neil :D I can stop worrying now!
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

and this is a lovely place to stop off at, although slightly soggy, later it was clear enough for the Glasgow to Dubai flight this afternoon to get nice clear view of the "Lady of the North" in all her glory.

Northumberlandia
The Labrador's Tail
The Labrador's Tail
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Am I the first to arrive?
Am I the first to arrive?
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 22:51 Image

Regards Neil
Or the last to leave?
Jim

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

The Musical Advent Calendar has whizzed me onto 4600 posts already so I cannot miss out on the chance to post a celebratory Cobra!! :-D
2007 DRB Cobra Supercharged 4600 V8 Roadster
2007 DRB Cobra Supercharged 4600 V8 Roadster
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 07 Dec 2020, 16:43 The Musical Advent Calendar has whizzed me onto 4600 posts already so I cannot miss out on the chance to post a celebratory Cobra!! :-D

Congratulations Mick and the Cobra is a lovely way to celebrate :D
Jim