XUD9 Bleeding coolant

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dannyboy84

Re: XUD9 Bleeding coolant

Post by dannyboy84 »

Hi guys,
Have managed to seal leak with old plate from my donor car.Have filled system as you said Citrojim and all seems ok,took it for a drive as well and does'nt overheat at all!! Will give it a longer drive tomorrow.If the head was damaged would it soon overheat?I had idling for about 1/2 hour while I was bleeding it and it never got up to really hot for a while!
Hope I'm ok,what do you all think?

Regards

Danny
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Danny, that sounds perfect :) Lovely result!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dannyboy84

Post by dannyboy84 »

Hi all,
Quick update,have been running the car today and everything seems fine,does'nt get hot sits about 85 ish.About 25 mile run then a short town run. Allowed to cool took off rad cap coolant sitting just below Max line as before I set off,so not lost any coolant.
Guess I've been lucky and that I turned engine off when no hot air coming out!!
So have replaced timing belt,tensioners,water pump,coolant,glowplugs and full service.Should keep me going for a bit and I pick up the car for £190 with MOT until May,with only 101,000 on the clock!!

Thanks for all your help CitroJim and others.

Regards

Danny
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Excellent Danny :D A lovely result!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Have you got a spare bit? My scrap 306 could have one if you need it.