C5 2.0 HDI LX no power and low mpg

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

BX
My Cars:

Re: C5 2.0 HDI LX no power and low mpg

Post by BX »

It is the ECU and high pressure pump that determine the injection type. The gauge senders are often vdo. That does not necessarily mean that the original low pressure pump is of any particular brand. The Siemens injection system on the 8 valve 2L hdi does not use a low pressure pump. I have only ever seen it on the 90bhp version. The high pressure pump sucks fuel direct from the tank. There is also a manual priming pump under the bonnet.
The bosch system has a low pressure punp in the tank which delivers fuel at between 2.5 and 3 bar to the high pressure pump. It does not have a manual priming pump.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Thanks BX. Quite sure mines is the Bosch then. That is good, because a code reader would suit me. There is little chance of me being able to set up
and use a Lexia.....ever! :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

If you want a simple code reader compatible with the engine, abs, airbags and the auto transmission on all French cars up to 2007 and several newer ones as well, look at the Autel FR704. It can also do eobd diagnostics on all eobd compatible cars. This unit needs no configuration and works straight from the box. I have one for years and often use it in preference to pc based diagnostics because of its speed (no waiting for boot up) and its portability. It is powered from the car's diagnostic socket.
There are other similar models from Autel that can do the remaining european cars or jap cars. These units are usually supplied with a cd containing software which can be used to add extra makes. I currently have 11 makes on my FR704.
There are probably excellent units available from other makers but i know nothing about them. Autel also have newer units but I know nothing about them either.