Blood Pressure Question?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Donor 2020

Re: Blood Pressure Question?

Post by Peter.N. »

We had a solid fuel one in the '70s which we used for some years until the price of oil got so low - as now. I then converted it to oil with a vaporising burner which saved a lot of hassle but wasn't all that efficient. Then the price of oil got so high I changed it for a pressure jet Rayburn but the oil got so expensive that I seriously thought of fitting another solid fuel one. However the oil is now the cheapest its been for some years, about 33p per litre as against 60p+ three years ago.

We have never done any cooking on this one although we did on the solid fuel model, this is just being used as a water heater at the moment which isn't the most efficient tool for the job. I have a Worcester boiler of fairly good efficiency in the garage - where its been for at least five years. :oops: I was going to fit it when the Rayburn packed up but it started getting cold so I ordered a new pump. We usually heat the living area with a multi fuel stove, at the moment we are using wood that I cut last year but we have to go onto anthracite in the very cold weather.

Peter

Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

I have full solid fuel central heating and hot water, all the waste food goes on it in the winter and junk mail, I only burn smokeless fuel though as it will run for 24hrs without having to touch it which is handy when your out all day.
All my customers that have aga, Rayburn, esse or similar range cookers swear by them but only after the first year of eating everything raw or burnt to a crisp, they take a bit of time to master.

D

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Jim, next time your down bring some cake mix and I will let you cook it up into a yummy lunch ....as a trial fee I will only eat half :)

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:Jim, next time your down bring some cake mix and I will let you cook it up into a yummy lunch ....as a trial fee I will only eat half :)
Sounds like a great idea Alasdair :-D cakes are no problem at all. What do you like?

Robyn checked my blood pressure again last night with her proper gauge and declared no problem... On the healthy side of low according to her and all down to my good fitness but watch it... My electronic gauge agrees with her pukka gauge...

So no worries :-D

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

MORNING :)

Fairy cakes of course

If my 84 year old mum can get her BP to normal and drop the tabs totally (after 20 years) then diet does work :)

elma

Post by elma »

Worst thing about moving was losing my little Villager Multifuel Burner. It used to keep my house inferno like in Winter all except the dining room that stayed freezing. Most people were found in the dining room, the thing was a beast.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I'll have to practice my fairy cakes :wink: I normally make more macho cakes :lol:

Well done your mum, that is good!

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

Some fairies can surely be like (say) Rebel Wilson? :twisted: I'm sure she would like a good solid cake - not some lightweight fluff.