My Xantia Estate 1.9 D turbo went drag racing!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Re: My Xantia Estate 1.9 D turbo went drag racing!

Post by Stickyfinger »

I am surprised to get a good reaction with what I'm doing to this xantia. I expected to get flamed all over for it :-D
not from me................

remove spare wheel and rear seats, lower tyre pressure 6-10 psi, try a set of 14 inch wheels with slightly wider tyres.

thrash the little bugger :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Oh didn't realise recklessness was permitted here, Ok so have you done the filter Mod for running on veg oil yet? basically you remove the fuel filter, then remove the circlip at the bottom holding the warm up valve into place at the bottom of the filter housing, the valve stat directs fuel over the heat exchanger at start up when the engine is cold then the valve closes when the engine has warmed up, removing the valve and cutting it in half then replacing it and its circlip then sealing over the top with silicone to prevent leaks allows the fuel to always pass over the heat exchanger and the valve no longer stops the flow when the engine is warm. quite a simple little mod really especially designed for those dedicated veg runners especially in the winter time.

As for revs being limited I am surprised at the difference between the rev range difference between my S2 estate which seems to be much wider than my Fathers MK1 VSX Hatch. My S2 seems to have a bit more stretch to it and much better acceleration capability, I wonder if there were range differences between the different models? or is it just how you drive the car and what the engine becomes used to?
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
stupidxantia

Post by stupidxantia »

Well there are different turbo units fitted across the range on the 1.9td xantia.
Ones I have seen fitted so far are the Garrett T2 (as on mine), Garrett T15, KKK K03 and not forgetting the KKK K14. All of these turbo's are different in the way they boost and their sizes. The T2 fitted to mine is one of the largest and higher boost capable units fitted as standard.

I want to try out a twin turbo setup, using a TD04L from an imprezza as a secondary charger in parallel at a higher boost. Not sure how that will work out though, also looking into fitting a 92mm crank from a 2.1 and a suitable 6spd box to make it better at cruising speed ... Eventual aim is between 150-200bhp on this engine :)
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

stupidxantia wrote:I am surprised to get a good reaction with what I'm doing to this xantia. I expected to get flamed all over for it :-D
Maybe if you were up against Danny La Rue!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

And what is wrong with good old NOS ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Post by chinkostu »

stupidxantia wrote:Well there are different turbo units fitted across the range on the 1.9td xantia.
Ones I have seen fitted so far are the Garrett T2 (as on mine), Garrett T15, KKK K03 and not forgetting the KKK K14. All of these turbo's are different in the way they boost and their sizes. The T2 fitted to mine is one of the largest and higher boost capable units fitted as standard.

I want to try out a twin turbo setup, using a TD04L from an imprezza as a secondary charger in parallel at a higher boost. Not sure how that will work out though, also looking into fitting a 92mm crank from a 2.1 and a suitable 6spd box to make it better at cruising speed ... Eventual aim is between 150-200bhp on this engine :)

think mines a K03, can't be 100% certain though. its definately KKK though as I saw the stamping/recognised the wastegate.

start getting too happy with the boost though and you'll need uprated head bolts and possibly better pistons :shock:

Part of me wants to fit the bigger pump head from a Transit but at the same time my pumps sweet as a nut, don't want to make more problems!

you have many issues with smoke? mine seems really hazy at night just as it comes on boost, the one thing that bugs the life out of me
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
stupidxantia

Post by stupidxantia »

Doesn't smoke too badly to be fair, little more than normal. But then my star wheel in the pump is bottomed and I'm running a land rover 200/300tdi performance boost pin lol ... You can make it reek out if you stick it in 5th at 30mph and floor it but overall it's not too bad
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Just remember to wind it back a bit for the MOT ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...