The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

FOAD
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Mar 2016, 23:38
x 3

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by FOAD »

I have to admit, I'm guilty of doing this...

ImageRenault 18 gtd by srblythe, on Flickr

User avatar
Stickyfinger
Donor 2016
Posts: 10005
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 22:05
x 734

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by Stickyfinger »

FOAD wrote:I have to admit, I'm guilty of doing this...

ImageRenault 18 gtd by srblythe, on Flickr
BUT, have you made it a solid car before doing that to it ?

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41925
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1181

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by CitroJim »

Looks like a military stealth one!

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12254
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1131

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Although many of the "Heinz 57 Wolseley Hornets" remain in pristine condition to this day, some have the "rat" look...

Image

Regards Neil

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41925
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1181

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by CitroJim »

And it's a convertible now!

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12254
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1131

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

.....not a lot of affection for the Alfresco Allegro on "Picture(s) of The Day". Maybe the Allegro will feel more at home on the "Rat" thread.

This transformation arose out of a proposed TV Programme called "Juice my Lemon"-a bit of a "changing rooms/groundforce" type of concept only transforming "lemon" cars into something a little more interesting. Suffice to say "Juice my Lemon" never subsequently saw the light of day. Still you have to appreciate the skill, and artistic interpretation of Andy Saunders' transformation....don't you?

So starting with this

Image

Andy was given 50 hours to work on it, the lemon was juiced, and this is what was produced

Image

.....anything nice to say about it? He has achieved quite a neat line angle-grinding the windscreen to half its normal size :-D

Regards Neil

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41925
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1181

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by CitroJim »

Nope, sorry. The only thing remotely nice about it is the number plate...

But, having said that, to achieve such a transformation in just 50 hours says a lot about Andy. A real star!

BenC5HDi
Not Mike
Posts: 588
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 21:21
x 33

Re: RE: Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by BenC5HDi »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:.....not a lot of affection for the Alfresco Allegro on "Picture(s) of The Day". Maybe the Allegro will feel more at home on the "Rat" thread.

This transformation arose out of a proposed TV Programme called "Juice my Lemon"-a bit of a "changing rooms/groundforce" type of concept only transforming "lemon" cars into something a little more interesting. Suffice to say "Juice my Lemon" never subsequently saw the light of day. Still you have to appreciate the skill, and artistic interpretation of Andy Saunders' transformation....don't you?

So starting with this

Image

Andy was given 50 hours to work on it, the lemon was juiced, and this is what was produced

Image

.....anything nice to say about it? He has achieved quite a neat line angle-grinding the windscreen to half its normal size :-D

Regards Neil
There is a saying about polishing turds.

This photo proves it. It reminds me of some of the stuff in 90s Max Power mag - really well done, but still essentially a crap car underneath the shine.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12254
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1131

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Never came across Andy Saunders before but flicking through his gallery of vehicles this Citroen is familiar, and earned him the "Automotive Banksy" tag from the press at the time.

Image

Regards Neil

Hell Razor5543
NOT Alistair or Simon
Posts: 10620
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 1026

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Never came across Andy Saunders before but flicking through his gallery of vehicles this Citroen is familiar, and earned him the "Automotive Banksy" tag from the press at the time.

Image

Regards Neil
OK, what would happen if a Policeman saw that on the road? Who might he believe was drunk?

One thought though. Is it currently road legal?
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 06 Apr 2016, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.

BenC5HDi
Not Mike
Posts: 588
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 21:21
x 33

Re: RE: Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by BenC5HDi »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:Never came across Andy Saunders before but flicking through his gallery of vehicles this Citroen is familiar, and earned him the "Automotive Banksy" tag from the press at the time.

Image

Regards Neil
I've seen this before. I love it and I'd use it as a daily driver.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41925
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1181

Re: RE: Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by CitroJim »

BenC5HDi wrote: I've seen this before. I love it and I'd use it as a daily driver.
Me too... I think it's fantastic 8-)

User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2020
Posts: 4886
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 317

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by daviemck2006 »

It's brilliant!

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 12254
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 1131

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

.....another bit of Andy's handiwork with a Citroen

Starting with this

Image

and ending up with this entitled "Indecision"

Image

Not to everyone's taste I suspect...

Regards Neil

User avatar
bobins
Donor 2020
Posts: 3342
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 949

Re: The Rat look? A collection of interesting/awful Rats...

Post by bobins »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:.....another bit of Andy's handiwork with a Citroen

Image

Not to everyone's taste I suspect...

Regards Neil
Aha ! Batman's holiday car for when he really didn't want to get noticed whilst out and about :-D