Xantia II 1.9 TD '99, few questions.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chinkostu
My Cars: N Xantia 1.9TD SX
03 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec

Re: Xantia II 1.9 TD '99, few questions.

Post by chinkostu »

Zelandeth wrote:Sounds sensible enough. I found that there was quite a strong flow from the bleed point by the fuel primer, so I had a clear tube attached to that running back to the header tank for a few minutes (until there were no more traces of air visible when massaging the rad top hose or revving the engine). Coolant level dropped quite a bit first time out, but still was water in the tank at least.

What is the square electronic thing on the header tank for that matter? Would say level sensor normally but there isn't a warning light for it, so seems a bit pointless if that's the case...its connected, so not a replacement from a different model or anything...
It is infact a level sensor!
Stu

Cars
1995 Xantia 1.9TD SX in (faded) Red
2003 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec in GREEEEEEEN
2001 206 1.9 LX
2001 Saxo VTR
1999 Saxo 1.1 East coast
1999 Punto :oops:
1996 306 1.8 XN Auto :?
1996 Fiesta 1.3 #-o
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: Xantia II 1.9 TD '99, few questions.

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

The black sludge could be what used to be called a dog turd, not a real one but a chemical shaped like one
crumbled into the cooling system to fix leaks, they create a residue which builds up in the bottom of the expansion tank.
after the system clean if you do have any leaks try K-Seal its £12 a bottle but hey what a brilliant sealing product and it mixes with all types of coolant.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.