SORRY C5, I WILL LEAVE HER, PLEASE TAKE ME BACK!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantianut
My Cars: 2002 C5 2.0 HDi 110 SX

RIP:
1993 Xantia 1.8i LX
1989 BX16TRS
1986 BX14E x 2

Re: SORRY C5, I WILL LEAVE HER, PLEASE TAKE ME BACK!

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!!

I once drove a Daewoo Matiz back to the training centre I used to work at. I expected a poxy little piece of poxiness, totally lacking in any charm, cramped, uncomfortable and horrid to drive. How wrong I was!

My 1st shock was how roomy it was. I am 6 foot 4 and weigh about 20 stones so I'm no midget! Bit it was not like putting on a tight jacket! There was space to get comfy and the seats seemed well designed.

2ndly the 3 cylinder engine started well and sounded OK. When I pulled away and it approached peak revs, it found another 9 cylinders from somewhere by the sound of it!

And after I'd squealed round a bend or two, I discoverd its real secret. It handled like a go-cart amd was a brilliant little car to drive! Oh, and I got all 4 tyres off the ground over a speed bump! Brakes were not in the Citroen class but stopped well enough. I actually liked it. My grin was visible from the minibus!

Not so good as to tempt me from the paths of righteousness even though I was tempted by a baby Jag and an Alfa. Both 2.0 HDi powered so that'll be the Pug engine I have in my current ride then! Otterchops has forgiven me. Just about.
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: SORRY C5, I WILL LEAVE HER, PLEASE TAKE ME BACK!

Post by lexi »

Having said all that, I would buy another Cit or Renault, Pug........what the heck, I am in the AA and I do like a lot of them.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2