Which Xantia front brake pads

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Re: Which Xantia front brake pads

Post by MikeT »

I'm sending bac the flare nut set for a refund ("points" were roundish and "flats" uneven) and will be trying a six-pointer 11mm instead. Otherwise I'll hand it over to a garage to be done - probably Dory's as they can make up a new pipe should the old one get destroyed during removal.

And after the pad parts fiasco, I'm having same difficulty getting the right caliper service kit - the seller first asks for model, year etc but then replied that wasn't adequate, please supply reg. After sending reg they then tell me that's not good enough either - is it Bosch or Bendix. They tell me it will be stamped on the caliper but unfortunately there's a sodding great wheel in the way (yes, just taking a wheel off isn't such a simple task for me anymore, let alone spotting a makers name).

I know the pad spring kit said it was suitable for Bendix brakes but that's about all I know. Is there any other method of determing which I have? I'm inclined to order bendix and swallow the returns costs if it turns out I have Bosch brakes. If it helps, I do not have ABS or pad wear indicator circuitry.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

your front brakes are Bosch Mike

here is a screen shot from service citroen on your chassis/VIN No.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7fvz02c96lyh ... 1.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

So simple when you know how - why couldn't parts supplier figure it out lol. Cheers Malcolm!
MikeT

Post by MikeT »

Told seller I have Bosch, they send item number of part which according to their reference database is listed for Estates only. I give up for now.