rear height corrector removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Re: rear height corrector removal

Post by harryp »

That's a very good thought Malcolm, but will have to locate a LHD bit first. Thanks.
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Re: rear height corrector removal

Post by harryp »

:cry: Woe, woe and thrice woe :roll: . Managed to get a 1.2mm drill up the side of the "wood" and straightened out a fish hook (thanks Sticky) but although getting it up the side, wouldn't pull it out. So last resort, cut pipe to push offending blockage out. Cutter seemed to go through pipe, but pipe wouldn't separate so had to bent it and fatigue it off. Then discovered it has a wire through the center which was holding it together. I guess this must reduce the flow characteristics to equivalent of 1mm dia or so providing back pressure for a controlled leak off. No sign of the offending wood but now have to clean up ends and join. I wonder how often this is used in the pipework. Anyone know? Why can't it be simple; I know, I know, it's a Citroen :evil:.

Thought I would copy this into the correct post :shock:
To close this thread, thought I would say that the olive type pipe connector is on and working superbly - ie no drips. Bled brakes while up on blocks and had a lot of mousse from the o/s rear :shock: . Rear suspension performing well down to Lyme Regis and back :-D . What will the next fault be I wonder. Thanks for all the help, Regards
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros