C4 VTS - advice please.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: C4 VTS - advice please.

Post by Northern_Mike »

It's probably a £1300 or even £1400 quid car as it is, given that non-running sheds go for 850-900 . It's mint inside and has near enough a full ticket. I long for the days when you used to sell a car by putting it in the local paper, priced for £75 more than you wanted, someone came along and knocked you down 50 quid and everyone was happy. Now it's just a nightmare with ebay and autotrader and emails and people who ask illiterate stupid questions or offer you a ridiculously low amount then get the hump when you say no. You can't tell them to (-expletive removed-) off either as ebay/autotrader have your details!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Northern_Mike on 24 Mar 2015, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Well if I can get down on Sunday I might drop the Berlingo off at Citronut's for some more TLC and leave it there for a week or so until its all fixed. Perhaps I'll be picking the C4 up on Saturday and I'll sorn the TT and do little bits to it as and when or leave it until someone buys it.

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

Mike have you any pics of tt?
John
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Yes John, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a link to them. I had the AC regassed yesterday and it seems to have sorted the climate out. Just done 60 miles in it (inadvisedly) this morning before it gets stuck on the drive from tomorrow as I'm not insuring 3 cars..

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I seem to have missed a bit of this somehow. It's good that you're getting the c4 now. I'm sure you will find it better for your spine and still be good to drive. As for the friendship surviving that's good too. The only guy that was a good friend and got unfriended from me was the guy who I confided everything in, including the fact that my wife was having an affair which was killing me, then 6 months later my wife left me and moved in with him. I think that deserved me falling out with him. It was 12 years ago and I have never spoke to him since, and never will again. I'm civil to her now because of the kids we share.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Here's a link to the gumtree advert. I'll knock £400 off that price if someone comes from here and takes it away sharpish.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1106311258" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

daviemck2006 wrote: The only guy that was a good friend and got unfriended from me was the guy who I confided everything in, including the fact that my wife was having an affair which was killing me, then 6 months later my wife left me and moved in with him. I think that deserved me falling out with him.
I think that's acceptable. I hope he still thinks he's got a kicking coming too. I find that's far more effective than actually dishing one out. I had a similar sort of thing when I was much younger (like 21 years ago?). The ex-friend involved, I'm told, still avoids me, and has me blocked on facebook, in case I work out where he is. I was pretty threatening at the time, and the words "If I ever see you again...etc" were used but of course, I couldn't care a toss now.. it's nice to think he still thinks I do though :-)
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

I never laid a finger on any of them. Within 3 weeks she wanted back, the second word was off. The once I have spoken to him since I think my only comment was you better watch your fcuking back cos I might be there. Like you Mike I couldn't give a rats arse now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Well, the DRK has gone to it's new old home in Lancashire. My brother and his mate drove down with a trailer this evening, we loaded it up, lashed it down and it's currently behind a C5 somewhere passing Warwick. Had a few issues loading it onto the trailer that had no central part, but rolling the front wheels onto it, then a combination of my weight countering the DRK's rear end and brute force, we managed to get one of the ramps central up the trailer under the rear wheel. Took some arsing about but it's all good.

I followed them as far as J6 of the M40, all was well with it so I had a night time country blat in the TT across from Watlington to Henley, then over to Twyford.

I'm still in two minds about the C4. Head says buy it. Heart says stick with the TT. Despite the back problem, it's a very fun car...

or

Both are about as economical as each other, though I imagine the TT's 5.0mpg when near the limiter in 3rd is pretty rubbish. I don't think the C4 will be a car to just inspire me to go for a drive. I could be wrong. I'm a little worried 180BHP and not too much torque will bore me rigid. By the end of today, I had smoke pouring from the TT's brakes I had such a good time!

Can a C4 do that for it?

On the other hand, the C4 is a viable alternative to a family car when the Berlingo breaks down. The TT, for other than going to Reading 6 miles away, is not..The C4 is comfier, but has an awful Citroen gearchange, and lots toys which I like. It is also black, which I like. It has a satanic private plate I like....

The TT averaged 33.6 mpg over the last 55 motorway miles, can a C4 VTS do that?

Decisions, decisions..
Fake Concern
My Cars:

Post by Fake Concern »

I still find my VTS fun, it has enough oomph to make overtakes pretty easy. I think in terms of economy it will better the TT, when I was commuting to London where half was duel carriageway I got mid to high 30s MPG, now my commute is all small roads (inc A21) and the weather is cold I'm getting low 30s, but that does include plenty of 1st & 2nd gear overtakes (I like to make the rev counter go red a few times each day!) and crawling through Maidstone town centre. As you say it is a practical car, the same inside as a C4 hatch. I like as said before the quirkyness of it and also most people have no idea what it is, unlike the TT which everyone knows.
Are you going to the Robertsbridge meeting with Citronut? I was thinking of bringing the XM, but could just as easily bring the VTS (even though it's filthy in & out) or you could come back to my place afterwards & go for a blatt in it if you fancied it.
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Well, I've swapped my insurance onto the C4 and SORNed the TT.. going to collect it this afternoon.

I am tempted to go to the meet tomorrow..what would be ideal would be if I could get someone to drive the Berlingo down too to give to Citronut, Mrs N_M and Sam have stuff to do tomorrow.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I'm now at Reading station with an excited 5 year old coming with me to Southampton to pick the C4 up..

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If I can get things done today (that I normally leave until Sunday) I might be able to help.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I now own a black C4 VTS.

First impressions - yes, FakeConcern was right, it is more economical than the TT, an average speed of 49mph and 39.8mpg isn't too bad for the journey home.

I love the lights that turn with the steering.

I hate that they stole the floppy gearchange from the Berlingo.

I'm not sure why the numberplate lights don't go out..

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:If I can get things done today (that I normally leave until Sunday) I might be able to help.
Sadly I think herself needs the Berlingo tomorrow! I shall confirm in a bit..