Xantia TD Tuning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

Richard, I didn't unbolt the boost compensator chamber, merely adjusted the top screw (underneath the brass cap). This mod alone gave the engine much more flexability (see my earlier posts). I haven't touched the pump control lever although I did read in the forum that someone had tried adjusting theirs - so they may have the info you need.
I did chicken out and revise my adjustment of the boost actuator arm and now have it screwed in by 5 turns (rather than the 10 turns I started with). It doesn't seem to have reduced performance much (maybe not at all).
Max fuelling still untouched due to my AS3 pump. I still think this should release the power.
Although I have been using the extra performance I think that overall I'm getting slightly better mpg (only about 1 or 2 mpg better though). Still, it's now much better to drive.
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

I adjusted the waste gate on my kkk turbo a little too much I think. I am getting 22.5psi. Is this too high? What will I damage? The intercooler, cylinder head or turbo itself?
Neil
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

if the intercooler doesnt blow first, the head will. the intercooler only has plasticend caps, it isnt very strong, if you are keeping that boostlevel i would strongly recommend strapping the intercooler with two larg custom jubilee clips, obvious downside is less cooling surface on I/C though. turn the boost down!lol!
Dan
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Has anyone measured air charge temperature to see how efficient the intercooler is?
IanD
My Cars:

Post by IanD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BonceChops</i>

Has anyone measured air charge temperature to see how efficient the intercooler is?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It is efficient but it's just in completely the wrong place, sat right above the hot engine. When I get mine in May (either Volcane or 306 D Turbo not sure yet) I'm going to go about seeing if I can relocate the standard intercooler at the front of the car. If it's not possible then I'm gonna splash out on an Allard Front Mounted Intercooler set-up. Charge Air Temperatures are between 65 & 85 degrees lower over standard......which is a HUGE difference.
IanD
My Cars:

Post by IanD »

Oh bugger, I just replied but I've just realised the Xantia engine/engine bay may be different to the ZX/306 set-up so you may have to discount what I've just wrote [:I] LOL
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

i too was thinking about relocating the intercooler to infront of the rad but i dont think it will fit easily? instead i was just going to get some cold air ducting form behind/underneath the bumber, covered by some mesh from demon tweeks to stop stones and debris etc? the top mount I/C bolts straight onto the inlet manifold therefore would be pretty hard to adapt piping to reach to the front?unless we use an inlet manifold from the likes of a Xantia? would that work?
Dan
IanD
My Cars:

Post by IanD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ZXturbo_Aura</i>

i too was thinking about relocating the intercooler to infront of the rad but i dont think it will fit easily? instead i was just going to get some cold air ducting form behind/underneath the bumber, covered by some mesh from demon tweeks to stop stones and debris etc? the top mount I/C bolts straight onto the inlet manifold therefore would be pretty hard to adapt piping to reach to the front?unless we use an inlet manifold from the likes of a Xantia? would that work?
Dan
Not sure Dan to be honest as I don't actually own one yet so have only seen a couple of pictures of the underbonnet area (but nothing detailed). When I do get to own one once the Cossie has gone in May I will probably take it to a guy I know through the Cossie tuning scene who is very VERY good at fabrication.......if it can possibly be feasably done, he will be able to do it & for a good price [:D]
I'll let you know how I get on if you want mate [:)]
Cheers,
Ian
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

yeh please do that'd be gr8 m8, thanks
DAn
IanD
My Cars:

Post by IanD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ZXturbo_Aura</i>

yeh please do that'd be gr8 m8, thanks
DAn
Will do mate [:D]
BonceChops
My Cars:

Post by BonceChops »

Look at this page
http://www.peugeotperformance.net/galle ... 06s16.html
It gives an idea on what intercooler fits