BONKERS the noise is sending me bonkers!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SwissSPEC
My Cars:

Re: BONKERS the noise is sending me bonkers!!!

Post by SwissSPEC »

Fingers crossed you can get it fixed, i had a mini cooper s that developed an annoying drone whilst driving, i thought it was a front wheel bearing, turned out to be the run flat tyres were the culprits, as they'd worn, they emitted an annoying oscilation sound into the car, v-strange. Ironically, i wish it had been the wheel bearing, it was a lot cheaper than those blasted tyres :(
CX GTI 2 Turbo (LHD) - Sorn
Bx Gti 16v
BX TZD Turbo - Sorn
C5 Mk1 LX 2.0HDi Estate
Mini Cooper D Clubman
dizzyblond
My Cars:

Post by dizzyblond »

Dam, dam and dam again!!!...well after waiting for about 2 weeks to get my wheel bearing – things take forever here in the Ozzie bush!! – I had it fitted yesterday and the noise is still there...so now the only remaining possibility is the diff/transaxle assembly, this seems to be the only other component(s) that can possibly react to an increase in load when turning into a right hander – just to refresh; the noise (a rubbing sound like a worn brake pad on the disc, in sync with the wheel rotation) increases when I turn into a right hander - indicating that it is the left hand front wheel assembly, well that is the logical explanation but as everything has now been triple checked, inc the drive shaft stripped and now wheel bearing replaced, the only other place is in the diff and there is no way that I am going there, simply just too much filthy lucre needed to make it worth while...so thanks a mill guys for all your suggestions and help, sorry I am not able to solve the puzzle and believe me I would dearly like to be able to!!...if I do decide to go into the murky depths of the transaxle and find the problem I will post the results, or indeed if I discover what it is full stop...kindest regards to all dizzy
wotwot
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 1982 GSA 1299
1984 bx 1600
zx 5 door x 2
xantia estate
dispatch
xara picasso
807 SE

Post by wotwot »

have you checked rear axle eg bearings bushes.
let us know how things are going.
sorry missed the fact that the noise was still there when rear wheels were not turning.
dizzyblond
My Cars:

Post by dizzyblond »

Hi Guys...just to clarify further: wheels have been swapped diagonally and side to side, brake pads have been swapped, disc run out checked, any bearing/bush or rotating anything has been examined and measured - if appropros...in fact the only thing to do now is find the eternal 'unturned stone'!!!...it almost has to be in the diff/transaxle and the more I discover the more I am sure I am simply NOT going to go there - it is difficult to justify spending approx 25%-50% of the value of the vehicle looking for I know not what!!...butr will report back if I ever find out what it is, or if it implodes and becomes apparent what the 'noise' was...once again thanx a mill for all your suggestions, ideas and unselfish help...kind regards dizzy