Xsara Picasso gearbox oil filling problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

flying clutchman
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso gearbox oil filling problem

Post by flying clutchman »

lexi wrote:Only possible mixing of oils I am familiar with are on fourbys. Migration from main gearbox to transfer box, resulting in one overfilled and other low on oil. The other mixtures were by design......the BL boxes where engine and gearbox oil were combined and it all ran on engine oil.
there was one citroen that used a BL type setup, the visa (petrol models) and it's sister the Peugeot 104. Renault 14 was similar. All from the distant past of course!
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

flying clutchman wrote:
lexi wrote:Only possible mixing of oils I am familiar with are on fourbys. Migration from main gearbox to transfer box, resulting in one overfilled and other low on oil. The other mixtures were by design......the BL boxes where engine and gearbox oil were combined and it all ran on engine oil.
there was one citroen that used a BL type setup, the visa (petrol models) and it's sister the Peugeot 104. Renault 14 was similar. All from the distant past of course!
likewise the early MK1 1.4 BX had the gearbox in the sump which ran in engine oil
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
flying clutchman
My Cars:

Post by flying clutchman »

yes, that's right. Only ever came accross a couple of 1.4s
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

citronut wrote:
flying clutchman wrote:
likewise the early MK1 1.4 BX had the gearbox in the sump which ran in engine oil
Was that the same engine then? I had a Renault 14 that possibly had one of those (the 'suitcase' engine)
Certainly changed the engine oil a few times, never even looked for a gearbox :(
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

myglaren wrote:
Was that the same engine then? I had a Renault 14 that possibly had one of those (the 'suitcase' engine)
Certainly changed the engine oil a few times, never even looked for a gearbox :(
yes hun
the early MK1 BX 1.4 had the 1.4 suitcase' engine then later was changed to the 1.4 TU lump,

i never knew Rhinos used this engine?????
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years