Anyone owned it?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Anyone owned it?

Post by myglaren »

I don't think it was Brian who invented it but he is the agent for them. I have heard another name mentioned in connection with them but can't remember who it was.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

There's something not right here. The guy was sold my car with no history folder whatsoever, no books, no manuals. I sold the car with a full set of them, to a seller who's now advertising another Xantia V6, and it has a set of manuals on the front seat which look suspiciously like the ones from "my" car. I'm sure I'm not the only person who folds bits of service history so they come over the outside of the manuals, but you know when you see something in a picture and think immediately "that's mine!"....
dei9
My Cars:

Post by dei9 »

oh dear, this sounds dodgy, but i cant see why there would be some fishy business going on between xantia v6s? maybe a mix up or something, i've had a reply, and he said a swap could be doable. i'll have a think.
...from Dei

1999 Xantia 2.0 Hdi 110 Exclusive (8396)
2001 Xsara 2.0 Hdi 110 LX Auto
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

dei9 wrote:oh dear, this sounds dodgy, but i cant see why there would be some fishy business going on between xantia v6s?
Simple. Dealer has good looking, all working car with no history or manuals and not so good car with history and manuals. As many of the bills have no reg number on...easy to make the good looking car worth more by nicking the history from the poorer car.

This isn't being done by the current seller...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
dei9
My Cars:

Post by dei9 »

true, but how come he didnt get the V5 form for it? thats a bit dodgy isnt it.
...from Dei

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

There's nowt dodgy about that red car. It's well known on here... it's the previous seller that's a bit iffy. Tim who is selling the red one told me yesterday if it doesn't sell he'll apply for a V5 and get some use out of it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
dei9
My Cars:

Post by dei9 »

unless he swaps ;-)
he did say he may consider it...
tbh, i probably would, but i'd be equally as happy keeping my hdi, it's a nice car
...from Dei

dei9
My Cars:

Post by dei9 »

had a reply off the other guy (the one selling the xantia), i asked him if it has some S/H and he said there isn't much history with it, just a couple of receipts
...from Dei