Happy New Year!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by citronut »

northern_mike wrote: and has a nice bottom driving a Ferrari...

Happy new year all :-)
i'd like to see a :wiggle: :yikes: driving a Ferrari, or any car come to that :twisted: #-o :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:

and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

One more for the fourgonette fan while its still new year

regards Neil

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

And the 2015 offering from Jean Luc Delvaux

regards Neil

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year :)

Not that I am

and Happy Christmas from ISIS

Xantianut

Post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

Thinking of SatNavs for a mo' - a couple of years ago I took mine along a road that had not been built when Hex was made. The Portmadoc Bypass to be precise.

After gibbering incoherently for a few minutes it then just said - "Driving North West?"

I love driving the SatNav crazy!

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Xantianut wrote:Ay up!

Thinking of SatNavs for a mo' - a couple of years ago I took mine along a road that had not been built when Hex was made. The Portmadoc Bypass to be precise.

After gibbering incoherently for a few minutes it then just said - "Driving North West?"
My old Navman was made before the road changes were made in Stratford near the Olympic park. I went over there , oh, must have been 2011, and it also had a complete meltdown. So did I, I hadn't thought it might be out of date. Got completely and utterly lost!

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Citroen built in (C5 2002) Sat Nav goes nuts in Devon/Cornwall as well :).....what is the A30 ?
and cannot find any small lane/village.....yeh right, like there is not many of them down there :)

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Garmin I was given by my son. An ex-company one, never registered or updated. Manages OK most of the time but does have a dicky-fit now and again.
Can't update it as I don't have a Windows computer (a prerequisite) and the updates cost more than a replacement with free lifetime updates.

Took me on a two-hour magical mystery tour through MK last time I went to the Little Horwood meet and I had only been ten minutes away.

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Oddly, when I go round AWE Aldermaston, which I do occasionally, my Sat Nav completely freaks out. I don't know whether they have jamming equipment or what, but last time I was down there collecting a cat (4 legged thing, goes miaow, not a exhaust pipe thing) It couldn't lock onto any satellites, yet told me I was doing 143mph. I was doing about 20 down a back lane. Very weird.

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Mike...its the Citroen, being French is scared of our Military, maybe it saw some guards that scared it :)

citronut

Post by citronut »

a few years back we were on an outing through France the t*w*a*t nav took us miles down a dusty unmade road, then in the middle of nowhere it said you have reached your destination

Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

citronut wrote:a few years back we were on an outing through France the t*w*a*t nav took us miles down a dusty unmade road, then in the middle of nowhere it said you have reached your destination
story of my life mate :( :(

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:
citronut wrote:a few years back we were on an outing through France the t*w*a*t nav took us miles down a dusty unmade road, then in the middle of nowhere it said you have reached your destination
story of my life mate :( :(
:rofl2: