Pickled Egg Jukebox-Your Selections

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Pickled Egg Jukebox

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Try the Cure (yes appeared on "CountryFile" today!)

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

cor, that Yazoo track sounds fabulous on my 'new' sound system (do you remember the type where you had a couple of 'normal' little speakers beside the screen, and a floor mounted Woofer. One of those, guessing its 1990's, acquired via my local Freecycle) coupled to a Tower PC.

One of my 'favourites of the moment' is "Sheila, Spacer", gloriously of its time, with a nice Base Line.

A tip I find really good for youtube, put all your favourite links in a Spreadsheet, Youtube delete videos frequently and its frustrating to 'lose' a nice tune, or Car video; this way, you don't. A small snippet from nearly 400 entries.
Attachments
Youtube.JPG
Puxa
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

xantia_v6 wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 00:25 Here is a short clip of Oxygene 2
the man is a genius, I've watched the 'Houston' concert numerous times, having first seen it in the 1980's. Great taste that man! :-D
Puxa
NewcastleFalcon

Yes my sound system is a bit primitive but strangely perfectly acceptable and a vast improvement on the tinny speakers on my now defunct laptop.

This laid back track from Santana sounds great on my two speakers and an old tower desktop!

Give it a try

Regards neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)

a bit concerned that you seem to think I've suggested your sound system (which I've no idea about) is 'primitive'... and nothing wrong with that anyway. I was referring to my own 'new' system.

Thanks for the Santana suggestion, but wide of the mark for me. :)

I do have a bicycle very close in appearance to the Raleigh Radonneur you mentioned in a different thread though - my black with white transfers "Routier" wet weather/roads hack appears to be a re-hashed Radonneur. As the first image, with the pet food bowl by the back wheel, if you Google Image it (unlike that one, mine's in awful nick but works just fine). Its been in use a bit the past couple of weeks after I didn't like what the Bathroom scales said following Christmas.
Puxa
NewcastleFalcon

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 22:29 a bit concerned that you seem to think I've suggested your sound system (which I've no idea about) is 'primitive'... and nothing wrong with that anyway. I was referring to my own 'new' system.

No, that wasn't my intention at all. Never crossed my mind. I just thought when reading your post that my current set up was very similar! :-D although the only woofer on the floor is our Labrador!

Apologies for any unintended concern you felt, from the post, and welcome to the Pickled Egg Jukebox and continue to contribute. Nothing I like better than more people joining in and posting up the music they like/ have heard on the radio etc.

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 14 Jan 2018, 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Speaking of "On The Radio" I had a bit of Classic FM on one day last week and their theme tune was played but by being segued in to from another tune, which I recognised but couldn't name, nor the composer.
Driving me nuts - there was nothing on their website about it by the time I got home from work.
NewcastleFalcon

Pickled Egg Jukebox-today's radio choice

Surprising Radio hear for me today, wouldn't normally have selected this group for elevation to the honour of an appearance at the Pickled Egg. Their first single success and of their catalogue for me still their finest hour. Reputedly recorded in Edinburgh for £600....its Wet Wet Wet!

Selected the US video simply because they are driving round in a Morris Oxford/Austin Cambridge or other variant of the same thing!

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 17 Jan 2018, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Pickled Egg Jukebox

In naming the nostagia topic I dredged up the phrase "All our Yesterdays" which came from the TV series of that name. That in turn came from Macbeth, but Shakespeare nicked a lot of stuff himself, and he's well out of copyrighting his words now!

Anyway, I noticed that non other than Alan Parsons had a track called "All our yesterdays", and there's quite a lot of AP I enjoy, so I gave it a listen. Not bad at all, quite an extensive mixing deck there, and he assembled some quality session musicians. Yes I'll give it the thumbs up and let him into the PE.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Todays selection another appeearance by Dan Fogelberg. Springs from odball Taxi's in Japan would you believe. One of the models used for Taxi's was the Nissan Cedric (where did they dig that name up from!) Y31 AKA the Nissan Gloria. Well the track "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg was used in Adverts for the car in Japan.

So here it is, gentle, melodic, nice

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Todays selection, an homage to todays POTD

and the old tune an inspiration for one of Vaughan William's best...beautiful

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Today's random jukebox link features two songs

Robert Palmer's...."Johnny and Mary", and Soul II Soul's...."Keep on Moving"

Now these should immediately bring to mind a very well known series of adverts for a little French car. Head over to the Classics spotting thread for a bit of memory jogging if required.

I've selected an instrumental version by Martin Taylor which was used in some of the adverts

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

P.E. Jukebox-Whats on in your car now!

I always like to refresh my music for the car, after all there are only certain radio programmes that I can actually stand!

So...
..... whats the music you have in your car right now :?: Is Dark Side of the moon still lying around :?: or has something "new" taken over.

What are your staples or what have you just acquired.?

Post up some examples-they may inspire others to give them a try
For me the lastest to join the "freshening up" brigade is one that sprang out from a regular weekly musical conversation with a friend. Yes, JJ Cale's Anthology double CD. Very good "fluid" "gentle" "melodic" "easy" guitar playing throughout by JJ Cale, with a blues background of course, and a very good addition to our drive time.

Like this track on a couple of hearings, but like all good albums you grow into them on repeated hearings rather than get sick of them, and they then become favourites.

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 27 Jan 2018, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: P.E.Jukebox-What's your ICE right now!

Post by Michel »

Seeing as you asked so nicely, I have picked two tracks that are on my current playlist in the car..

Ashley Monroe - this is great. I do like a bit of C&W and Honky Tonk...

and a) because it's a great song, and b) because they moved the Doomsday clock forward to two minutes to midnight this week...

Last edited by Michel on 27 Jan 2018, 22:27, edited 2 times in total.
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: P.E.Jukebox-What's your ICE right now!

Post by bobins »

Michel wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 19:36 and b) because they moved the Doomsday clock forward to two minutes to midnight this week...

Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(