does anyone know?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gjb02</i>

Don't know about Visa GTi's but I do know where there's a BX 16V, with the engine still in it. (scrappy) For all you conversion nuts.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
What colour is the BX 16V you are speaking of? I'm asking for a very good reason.
Alan S
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alans</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gjb02</i>

Don't know about Visa GTi's but I do know where there's a BX 16V, with the engine still in it. (scrappy) For all you conversion nuts.
What colour is the BX 16V you are speaking of? I'm asking for a very good reason.
Alan S
Alan, You've put me on the spot now!! It was dark, either black or graphite grey. I was looking for another 16V engine, like my ZX 16V, for bits. So I only lifted the bonnet, any more information I'd gladly get for you, I could always check after the weekend, I may have to visit the scrappy again.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

gjb02 its not the same engine. The BX 16V came with the older 1.9 Ally engine. Even the late ones only had the 1.9 but some with cats. The 405 MI16 however changed to the newer 2.0 16v at L reg but its far heavier as its iron. Yes the engine will physically fit but you would need wiring looms and so on. The older ally ones were 160bhp but only 148 i think with the cat whereas the 2.0 is 155 with the cat. I dont know the exact weight of it but the 16v zx is 100kg heavier than the 1.9 8v volcane with the older ally engine hence its not much quicker. I dont think the entire 100kg was engine alone though but it was a fair bit of it
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

Hi Anders.
Thanks for the info. I think! erm i went to the site, dont think i will live long enuff to read it all!! lol..
What I really wanted was a site similar to the Jag one. i.e. list of models, click on the one you want, and you get pics of it. :-) Google sometimes gives images but is a hit and miss affair.
Thanks again for the info..
Cheers James..
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Gib02,
I'm looking for a red BX 16V for a friend of mine; it seems there is one floating around with possible turret/door damage but the rest is in mint nick that has a few special bits in it that he's keen to get his hands on so if anyone knows where it is he'd be most appreciative.[;)]
Any news I can be contacted on or off list.
Alan S
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

sounds a bit dodgy? :)
anyway, couple of photos of my new Visa GTi making it 3 I currently own!
http://www.visagti.com/pics/new/100_0278.JPG
http://www.visagti.com/pics/new/100_0279.JPG
:)