Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

User avatar
Fake Concern
Posts: 1030
Joined: 27 Dec 2012, 11:41
x 50

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Fake Concern »

Would the wheels originally have been black, or white like this one?
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... dr/2897928
User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2512
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19
x 8

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Citroening »

elma wrote:If I remember right it was a 1.6 Hdi, I thought it would leave my xantia standing but it seemed to go at a lame rate. Like they took away the turbo lag at the expense of half the power. That was back in my uni days though so could have been any diesel engine really, memories from then are hazy at best. Cool car though, bet that'll shock the odd VXR in the playground.
Ahh I see! I've not driven a 1.6 HDi in the C4 however sounds a bit disappointing then...! Thanks! Alas not quite up there in regards to power of the VXRs (yet...) :wink: although it's certainly nice to have something totally different. Always the only one in the carpark...! :lol:
Fake Concern wrote:Actually I really like red cars even though I've never owned one. My VTS has now passed 156000 & still going strong! I toyed with replacing it at the end of last year (but only for about 5 seconds) I mean, what with?
Excellent news with the VTS Peter, sounds like it's going to keep going forever! :) I know what you mean, and what with the great spec on your car you really would be hard pushed to replace it! The only reason I moved the Black Loeb on was that I was hankering for more power as I had gotten used to the N/A engine - now that the THP is here I too cannot really think what I would replace it with! Although I have taken a liking to the Peugeot RCZs (!) however they are certainly out of my price range..!
citronut wrote:very good to see you back Sir Franklin,
Thanks Malcolm :)
Fake Concern wrote:Would the wheels originally have been black, or white like this one?
Indeed, originally all of the Red By Loeb's were equipped with White wheels as per the brochures etc, however as I bought mine from the original owner that bought it new, he actually said he specified for the wheels to be Black from new as he didn't like the white wheels! For me that was personally great as living with white wheels is a total pain and I prefer the look with the black wheels too! :lol:
User avatar
Fake Concern
Posts: 1030
Joined: 27 Dec 2012, 11:41
x 50

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Fake Concern »

Citroening wrote: Indeed, originally all of the Red By Loeb's were equipped with White wheels as per the brochures etc, however as I bought mine from the original owner that bought it new, he actually said he specified for the wheels to be Black from new as he didn't like the white wheels! For me that was personally great as living with white wheels is a total pain and I prefer the look with the black wheels too! :lol:
That's very interesting & I have to say the red & black work really well together (nearly as good as black with black, although mine is mostly brown with brown these days!).
User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2512
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19
x 8

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Citroening »

Fake Concern wrote:That's very interesting & I have to say the red & black work really well together (nearly as good as black with black, although mine is mostly brown with brown these days!).
Haha, there's a good layering of red and brown on mine at the moment too...! :lol:

IMO I actually think that the Red cars should have all been equipped with black wheels as personally there's already a Red and Black theme going on - the red and black seats, the red bodywork and the black plastics on the grilles and fog light surrounds etc. Thinking about it the only white is that of the Loeb signature on the doors and not really anything else...!
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2020
Posts: 4909
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 344

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by daviemck2006 »

The first c4 I drove was a 1.6hdi with the semi auto egs gearbox and it nearly put me off them. However the 2.0 vts was a different animal altogether. As Peter will tell you getting the Rev counter red in 2nd and 3rd whilst overtaking is much fun and highly addictive. I once managed to turn mine red in 5th on a long downhill stretch of the M6 oooopppsssss the private runway part of it [emoji50] [emoji3] I also left a golf gti way behind when I did that. Also another night I left a corsa vxr for dead on a twisty bit. That was on the standard 17" wheels shod with Goodyear efficient grip tyres all round. They were amazing tyres for grip wet or dry. Highly recommended for you guys in your c4's
User avatar
Fake Concern
Posts: 1030
Joined: 27 Dec 2012, 11:41
x 50

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Fake Concern »

daviemck2006 wrote: As Peter will tell you getting the Rev counter red in 2nd and 3rd whilst overtaking is much fun and highly addictive. I once managed to turn mine red in 5th on a long downhill stretch of the M6 oooopppsssss the private runway part of it [emoji50] [emoji3] I also left a golf gti way behind when I did that. Also another night I left a corsa vxr for dead on a twisty bit. That was on the standard 17" wheels shod with Goodyear efficient grip tyres all round. They were amazing tyres for grip wet or dry. Highly recommended for you guys in your c4's
I love the red changing rev counter, the engine is so willing I often go into it in 1st & 2nd (1st is quite high so I use it to overtake slow stuff).
That is quite impressive work on your private runway, looking at the following video, I think the approximate max speed in each gear is around 35mph, 65mph, 94mph, 121mph & flat out in top 149mph! Ive only managed it in 1st 2nd & 3rd (abroad obviously).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEvB8V28Mxg

I've not had a good experience with Goodyear tyres, but that was on a Golf GTI not the C4. I recently bought 4 new Michelin PS3 225/40/18" for £442 fitted, which I thought was pretty good especially as 2 of the old ones lasted 20,000 miles!
It can be good fun when other drivers don't know what the VTS is.

I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of Franklins new Loeb this weekend as the weather looks good. I'm hoping to wash mine after a spin out on my bike.
User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2512
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19
x 8

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Citroening »

Fake Concern wrote:That is quite impressive work on your private runway, looking at the following video, I think the approximate max speed in each gear is around 35mph, 65mph, 94mph, 121mph & flat out in top 149mph! Ive only managed it in 1st 2nd & 3rd (abroad obviously).
I've not seen that video in a while...!

Wish the audio quality was a bit better as I bet that doesn't half sound good...!
Fake Concern wrote:I recently bought 4 new Michelin PS3 225/40/18" for £442 fitted, which I thought was pretty good especially as 2 of the old ones lasted 20,000 miles!
Reading that reminded me of my Black Loeb - the Michelin's on the back of that reached 50+K from memory!
Fake Concern wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of Franklins new Loeb this weekend as the weather looks good. I'm hoping to wash mine after a spin out on my bike.
It might well be Monday before photos as it's still filthy...!

Although good news is that my plate has now been transferred so it's looking more like my car now too which is good!

Looking forwards to some photos of your VTS, too... :wink:
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2020
Posts: 4909
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 344

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by daviemck2006 »

Image
Just a little reminder. When I put on the 18's I had pirellis on the front and toyos on the back. I like the toyos but the pirellis were hopeless in the wet. That's why I'm back on the 16's on the c5.
User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2512
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19
x 8

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Citroening »

Any excuse to break out the old photos! :lol: :wink:

ImageCitroen C4 Coupes - VTS and Loeb by chevronsaver, on Flickr

ImageCitroen C4 Coupes - VTS and Loeb by chevronsaver, on Flickr

ImageCitroen C4 Coupes - VTS and Loeb by chevronsaver, on Flickr

That was a good day! =D> :) And is making me miss my Black Loeb a bit... :wink:

Do like your wheels Peter, suit it really well.
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2020
Posts: 4909
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 344

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by daviemck2006 »

I wish I had my 18's on then
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2020
Posts: 4909
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 19:45
x 344

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by daviemck2006 »

ImageImageImage
Get those badges off the boot lid[emoji7]
User avatar
Fake Concern
Posts: 1030
Joined: 27 Dec 2012, 11:41
x 50

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Fake Concern »

I've been reading on another forum that quite a few of the newer By Loebs don't have a ltd edition number and so I wondered whether this one does. I suppose when Franklin gets around to some photos including the interior I'll be able to see for myself!
User avatar
Citroening
Posts: 2512
Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 21:19
x 8

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Citroening »

Fake Concern wrote:I've been reading on another forum that quite a few of the newer By Loebs don't have a ltd edition number and so I wondered whether this one does. I suppose when Franklin gets around to some photos including the interior I'll be able to see for myself!
Ahh I think they're getting a little confused Peter... :wink:

All of the By Loeb's featured a limited edition number although the positioning of said number on the car did differ between the pre-facelift and the facelift cars...

The limited edition number on the pre-facelift cars was on the drivers door top, near the door mirror as part of the door sticker...

Whereas on the facelift cars due to the redesign of the graphics the limited edition number was relocated to a numbered plaque on top of the ashtray lid...

This is number 1101, my Black facelift was 1490 and my first (the pre-facelift) was 0401...

I did take a few photos last weekend (even if it was a bit dark...!) after giving it a clean but yet to get them off of the camera!

Maybe this weekend will be more fruitful re photos and some more time... :wink:
Citroenmad
Posts: 8110
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 23:08
x 28

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Citroenmad »

Glad to see you back on here and away from the Ford! Your new C4 looks very nice indeed, rare too 8-)
User avatar
Fake Concern
Posts: 1030
Joined: 27 Dec 2012, 11:41
x 50

Re: Citroening's C4 By Loeb THP

Post by Fake Concern »

Come on Franklin, we know you're busy, but we've waited long enough for some new pictures of the THP!