Another fine mess

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
Old-Guy
Posts: 1798
Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 12:08
x 14

Re: Another fine mess

Post by Old-Guy » 21 Nov 2014, 18:31

northern_mike wrote:They are different between the 90 and 110. Mine had split on the underside of the top hose. Repaired with a drink can of the correct diameter stuff down inside the hose and a bicycle puncture kit, superglue and duck tape around the outside.
I'm releived to see that I'm not the only one 'inventing' unorthodox ways of 'repairing' parts that are no longer available.

User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 41564
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 1033

Re: Another fine mess

Post by CitroJim » 21 Nov 2014, 19:26

Old-Guy wrote:
northern_mike wrote:They are different between the 90 and 110. Mine had split on the underside of the top hose. Repaired with a drink can of the correct diameter stuff down inside the hose and a bicycle puncture kit, superglue and duck tape around the outside.
I'm releived to see that I'm not the only one 'inventing' unorthodox ways of 'repairing' parts that are no longer available.
Nope, there are many of us Guy...

I've repaired cruise control bellows in the past with bicycle puncture repair patches...

I saw a milling machine I'd have liked at the NEC Classic Car Show. Just imagine what I could make with that!!!

Northern_Mike

Re: Another fine mess

Post by Northern_Mike » 21 Nov 2014, 20:55

I once replaced a 2cv throttle cable at the roadside with baling twine stolen from the field I'd broken down next to. Forgot about it for 12 months!

isisalar
Posts: 666
Joined: 27 Apr 2008, 14:16
x 1

Re: Another fine mess

Post by isisalar » 22 Nov 2014, 01:39

I got about 18 months, before it was scrapped, out of my old 1.9 VSX by using blue tack to seal the air leak on the fuel filter housing. Every couple of months I had to massage it a bit but it worked.

xantiagreen
Posts: 408
Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 04:45
x 1

Re: Another fine mess

Post by xantiagreen » 22 Nov 2014, 02:28

Cheers for the info, what about silicone hoses, I looked on demon tweeks and after selecting xantia 110 hdi it came up with samco hoses, but they're all over the place. Do citroen still do the hoses, will have to check with them in morning. I'm a nervous wreck with all the current problems.

Trainman
donor 2018
Posts: 2577
Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
x 9

Re: Another fine mess

Post by Trainman » 22 Nov 2014, 03:13

Give Phillip a ring at http://www.rigbye.citroen.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; he is extremely helpful and they are a really good dealership, my C6 goes there and he found me various parts for the Xantia V6 I had.

Northern_Mike

Re: Another fine mess

Post by Northern_Mike » 22 Nov 2014, 11:52

xantiagreen wrote:Cheers for the info, what about silicone hoses, I looked on demon tweeks and after selecting xantia 110 hdi it came up with samco hoses, but they're all over the place. Do citroen still do the hoses, will have to check with them in morning. I'm a nervous wreck with all the current problems.
Citroen still do them but they are ridiculously expensive. £80 or so for the longer one. I eventually got a replacement off eBay from a breaker for a tenner.

User avatar
osx
Posts: 539
Joined: 08 Jun 2013, 20:09
x 5

Re: Another fine mess

Post by osx » 22 Nov 2014, 21:00

EGR valve can cause this sort of symptoms.

xantiagreen
Posts: 408
Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 04:45
x 1

Re: Another fine mess

Post by xantiagreen » 22 Nov 2014, 22:48

Will check with Rigbye & son's Monday and then it's locate boost leak if there is and change MAF and check EGR, hook car up to diagnostic (Lexia if I can find someone with it), still need to get regulator fitted then the MOT advisories and that should be the all.

xantiagreen
Posts: 408
Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 04:45
x 1

Re: Another fine mess

Post by xantiagreen » 24 Nov 2014, 13:57

Trainman wrote:Give Phillip a ring at http://www.rigbye.citroen.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Steve, spoke to Phillip and what a marvellous chap he is, rang another citroen dealers before rigbye's and they told me no discounts and one of the parts I asked not available any more (, Phillip found the part and discounted the price, so will be following his advice on service citroen getting the part numbers and ordering the necessary parts, MAF's a tad expensive.

Your a star Steve :notworthy:

xantiagreen
Posts: 408
Joined: 13 Sep 2013, 04:45
x 1

Re: Another fine mess

Post by xantiagreen » 24 Nov 2014, 22:41

Regulators all done, working nicely leaving door card off for a couple of days just in case. Thanks for the help lads and MJM for the pictorial assistance..