Elmas Xantia V6 and Musical Stuff

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

elma

Re: Elmas Xantia V6 and the joys of the countryside

Post by elma »

Nooo, not going that far as I've got far too many bumps on the bodywork and I loathe the finger ache of wet n dry. I just want rust free, well polished and a thick coating of wax. I hate unmaintained paintwork. I spent an hour today cleaning one of the vans and it needs cutting so badly it's an embarrassment. I may actually see if the company will buy a polisher as the vans are getting to the stage where they look awful and must be losing value with the paintwork.

Remind me tomorrow evening Alasdair to put my toolbag in the car to tend to your sockets. I'll probably forget otherwise.
Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

ONLY if there is time mate:
elma

Post by elma »

Testing the circuit will only take minutes, I'll find the fault.
Weather it's a quick 2 minute fix or not, we'll see.

Had a good one last night when one of the caravans suddenly went dark.
17475039_429759097372971_1444989617_o.jpg
This is it's supply cable and no it should not have been wired like this.
Cable replaced with the correct one, no silly joint and the caravan is now safely powered.

Need to check the other 4 now too, they are probably on the same fire hazard wiring system.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oh James, that was bad... Could have resulted in a terrible tragedy...

No doubt wired by a qualified and certified electrician....

Check the other 'vans ASAP...
elma

Post by elma »

On it Jim, they're all dangerous. I've got to drop some equipment back to Southampton this afternoon and I'll be picking up some cable to rectify it. No-one knows who wired them up which probably means everyone knows but the daft sod still works for us and no-one wants to get them in trouble.
Could do without it this week, supervising a building going up as well as my regular duties.
elma

Post by elma »

Had a great day today visiting Stickyfinger. My car now does not have silly locking wheel bolts and a couple of other niggles were sorted.
It was great to have a second pair of eyes look over the car, things were noticed that I was oblivious too. With this being my first V6 I'm learning as I go and a bit of guidance goes a long way. Kelvs had a good run around the garden and a little splash on the way home so he's knackered and sleeping in front of the fire.

Main new concern is that the heater matrix leak has come back with a vengeance. It seems to be the connector rather than the actual matrix, I really need to investigate what can be done as I think the part thats knackered is unobtainable. I'm also convinced that the n/s p bush is kaput so will be prioritising the front suspension overhaul as soon as I'm back from Scotland. I'll still get the tracking done on Monday as I don't think the cars all that safe to be doing long drives in as it is so out.
Stickyfinger
Donor 2016

Post by Stickyfinger »

Top day mate, enjoyed yours and Kelvin's company.....see you soon for that polishing session.
elma

Post by elma »

Very excited about that, if the car comes out half as shiny as yours I'll be overjoyed.
elma

Post by elma »

Not a good start to the day.
Kelvins limping and squeaking.
Pain = Vets and Sunday = emergency vets = rip off.
This is going to be a weeks wages but we can't not go.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ohh, poor Kelvin :( Hope it's nothing serious...
elma

Post by elma »

Torn ligament or arthritis. £180 at vet and more for x ray in a week. Car restoration is on hold for now, kelv matters so much more.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Oh gosh James, they know how to charge don't they :twisted:
elma

Post by elma »

Emergency vets are major rip off. At my vets Monday to Saturday that would have been about £60-65.
Going to be plain rice for me for the rest of the week.
Strapped anyway with the car and my brothers wedding, not entirely impressed.
Frustratingly I had the right medicine for him, Metacam, but I wasn't prepared to prescribe it myself without a vet check.
It would have been even more money if I didn't already have a bottle of the medicine.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

James, DO NOT live on plain rice or otherwise starve yourself as a result of this... You will make yourself ill and then you'll be no use to Kelvin or anyone else... [-X

Plain rice on its own is very low in all essential nutrients... This was found during studies carried out in Japan. The found Japanese living on rice-based diet were far unhealthier than similar Japanese living on a wheat and grain based diet.

Eat well always - it does not need to be expensive...

Very nutritious food can be prepared very cheaply...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Yep, needs ketchup :twisted: