new abs sensor high at 1135 ohms and abs ECU checks

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MJM
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: new abs sensor high at 1135 ohms and abs ECU checks

Post by MJM »

John, if its any reassurance over the sensor resistance this is what I found when I had to replace one:

Superloopy, thanks for the pointer. I bought one of the ebay items. It looked ok in the photo and examining it in the flesh against the old one I would say that it's OE. The mouldings look identical.
Anyway. tools out and wheel off. I measured the resistance of the new one, just for posterity and it was 1050 Ohms.

I think that was in 2009.
It worked perfectly. I got to just over 20mph and the ABS light went out.

HTH
MJM
1999 Dante red Xantia Exclusive 2,0 petrol. No smelly diesel for me. Now re-homed
2007 Wicked Red C5 Exclusive. Now a smelly diesel automatic for me.
John Plum
My Cars:

new abs sensor high at 1135 ohms and abs ECU checks

Post by John Plum »

Pleasantly, reassuring HTH. :-)
I'll soon have her rolling - tomorrow if seals are delivered then .... Saved one old one, but the awkward one in the K-splitter sprang out and somersaulted into grass.
Anyway, I'm enjoying being ever so patient. Bit sick of chocolate biscuits, so I switched to brown bread, tahini and honey. Mmmmm.

Friday, after calling GSF in Greenford road to check seals in stock, I cycled over a few miles only to find the branch had closed down, but they kept the old phone number for a new branch in Twickenham. Nice.
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
John Plum
My Cars:

Post by John Plum »

Too k her for a spin today after completing brake hydraulic repairs. ABS warning light quickly extinguished itself for ever.
John Plum
Xantia II Estate,1999, 2.0 HDI LX, 17000 miles, manual
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

John Plum wrote:Too k her for a spin today after completing brake hydraulic repairs. ABS warning light quickly extinguished itself for ever.
Brilliant :-D

Excellent news John!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...