Carrier Advice.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jaf
My Cars:

Re: Carrier Advice.

Post by Jaf »

It's a tenner just for a fat envelope with Royal Mail. Incidentally whoever you choose take their promises with large pinch of salt! The best I've had with a courier is sent Monday, received a week later Tuesday. Even then I've given up trying to get delivery to the house, ended up meeting at the petrol station, and now use a post company in town. Not the official post office as couriers won't deliver to them...argh.
Fred, a silver 1998 1.9TD SX Xantia.
Gwin, a white 1994 1.1 AX.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I can see the black humour in a situation that's just affected me. Couriers totally dropped the ball on an express booking; the parcel will be collected a full two days after it was supposed to be, and the delivery date is pushed back three days.

Why is it funny? Well, the lack of commitment to uphold a booking seems a clear enough reflection of how market demands for a cheap service have eroded the ideal of quality service. I remember this happening a good twenty years ago with the American arm of UPS.
citronut
My Cars:

Re:

Post by citronut »

addo wrote:
Why is it funny? Well, the lack of commitment to uphold a booking seems a clear enough reflection of how market demands for a cheap service have eroded the ideal of quality service.
i call it the Tesco syndrome Asam
the further the buying in price is squeezed down it stands to reason the quality will be affected :yikes: :roll: #-o
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years