2.2HDi Fuel Cap Sensor How to?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bardirect
My Cars: C5 2003 G-Wiz

Re: 2.2HDi Fuel Cap Sensor How to?

Post by Bardirect »

Me too. Stumped by this sensor fault issue for some weeks and worried about the imminent regeneration which must be due and forthcoming MOT!

Couldn't work out which of the three connectors it was apart from the fact the blue ones threw up braking/ABS issues.

My "fault" was a PERMANENT sensor fault showing the fuel cap was PRESENT - present even when unlocked and open so probably no EOLYS dosing into the tank on a refill. Couldn't recall seeing the fuel flap cap open "ouvert" on the display for ages.

Miraculously, today, after uncoupling all those connectors for a while and spraying some contact cleaner fluid noticed the fuel flap "ouvert" on the MFD and on checking had the fuel cap absent. So could erase the then temporary error with Lexia clone

So the sensor wasn't kaput at all and there was an electrical supply issue of some sort.
Bardirect
My Cars: C5 2003 G-Wiz

Post by Bardirect »

Well, still experiencing an intermittent issue on this one. Got through MOT - no advisories. Undergone regenerations. But some issue still arising with sensor. Only do a full tank refuel if I get the fuel flap "ouvert" warning. Odd. Also getting an inconsistent screen wash sensor issue. yet seemingly consistent with the fuel flap issue. If one is ok so is the other.
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Post by EDC5 »

Follow the two thin metal tubes from the dpf, they lead directly to the differential pressure sensor.

It uses the two pipes, one before and one after the DPF filter material to determine the pressure drop and therefore the degree of clogging with soot.
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Post by EDC5 »

EDC5 wrote: 13 May 2018, 10:34 Follow the two thin metal tubes from the dpf, they lead directly to the differential pressure sensor.

It uses the two pipes, one before and one after the DPF filter material to determine the pressure drop and therefore the degree of clogging with soot.

This isn't the same dpf as fitted to your car but you can clearly see the pipes terminating in the sensor:
IMG_2400.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Bardirect wrote: 12 May 2018, 22:08 Well, still experiencing an intermittent issue on this one. Got through MOT - no advisories. Undergone regenerations. But some issue still arising with sensor. Only do a full tank refuel if I get the fuel flap "ouvert" warning. Odd. Also getting an inconsistent screen wash sensor issue. yet seemingly consistent with the fuel flap issue. If one is ok so is the other.
Post or PM your VIN and I'll take a look at the wiring - it might be worth checking your earthing points for the 2 systems.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

The sensor from the filler cap to the tank is £100 from citroen - I know as I `bit the bullet` and replaced it on my own 2002 2.2HDi
Simon
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I vaguely recall that it is an Hall-Effect Sensor and that price seems astronomical for such a gizmo unless there is more to it than I can see.

The items are quite cheap.

R S Components
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

tried a number of `fixes` , before buying the cable. None of them worked but the fault cleared the moment the cable was replaced.
Simon
haydent
My Cars: Citroen C5 II HDI

Post by haydent »

i just made my own, its just a magnetic reed switch and some resistors