Peugeot boxer 2004 help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Peugeot boxer 2004 help

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I would pop a proper fuse in, and if it blows again there must be a reason. Check the handbook and make sure the right fuse is fitted. I know of somebody who didn't understand car electrics replacing a 15A fuse with a 10A, and then started worrying that their car was unreliable as it kept blowing that fuse. When the correct fuse was fitted the problem went away.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

Yer she will get on just run it as is for a week or so but it will do no harm with fuse wire which is 15 amp Same as original fuse, as for finding out what the size fuse should be that will be a task itself as this van has had 7 owners but still only 90k on clock there is no manual, as I have owned her for 2 years I am confidant that it was the right size fuse as never had any issues before, I think there might have been a bit of water/damp getting in and made it short and the acf50 had driven it out fingers crossed
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

Some of the fiat ducato vans use the same fuse for the MAF sensor, the reversing lights and the gearbox speedometer sensor. The reason being that all 3 are located in the same general area round the gearbox. It is usually a fault at the tail lamp cluster that causes the fuse to blow. If it happens again disconnect the reverse light switch and see if it does any better.
Paulwhalley

Post by Paulwhalley »

Ok thanks for your help
aquilaalba

Post by aquilaalba »

Sorry to re-heat this thread, but either I've got your old van, or have another one with the same problem, minus the fuse issue... Did you manage to resolve this? It is flat as a pancake, speedo is dead, but found some similar issues with 2.0HDi Picassos, so the speed sensor reading might be triggering problems with ECU engine control resulting in loss of power... I've only started on the van and have another issue with temp gauge stuck on a quarter regardless of ignition / battery being off - but it might be duff gauge. Speedo is the next thing I want to sort out, after a snapped key, dead alternator and loose connector for the alternator on the multi-fuse-battery-positive-connector contraption... Would love to hear it's a simple issue...