Xantia 1.9TD screeching!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia 1.9TD screeching!!

Post by CitroJim »

A real decent electric rattlegun might do the job Mike, it all depends on how gorilla-like the last person to do it up was and how much Loctite was used.

Sometimes the pulley is well stuck on the crank tail and might need a special puller made up if it can't be wiggled off. You'll see two tapped holes in the pulley for this.

A puller is easy to make, just a bar with a couple of holes in it and that can rest against the loose crank bolt to pull off the pulley with a couple of suitably sized bolts pulled down on it...

I can't recall the thread size now.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

superloopy wrote:You've scared me now Jim ...
Sorry Mike,

I'm just giving the worst-case scenario. I'm sure you won't have all the potential 'gotchas' I've noted :)

I've seen them all but then I've done a good few now over the years...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Xantia 1.9TD screeching!!

Post by citronut »

although Sir Jims suggestion is a good idea, i think on seeing that crank pulley i would just replace it straight away, as it looks quite bad to me,

to crack the crank pulley off if it really is stuck solid, go to a commercial/truck/bus workshop, and ask them to crack the it off with one of there little :yikes: air guns,

also isn't there a ledge on the inside of the arch liner for the bottom hose to perch on?????
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years